1975 Pontiac Catalina Safari

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Feb 2, 2013.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

This is a very nice and photogenic Pontiac Safari clamshell wagon - no one has ever questioned that - just a realistic value. Fully loaded, mint condition 1975 Grand Safari might bring $9500 or even more, but not this moderately optioned Catalina.

2. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Seen this thing before

This thing was on Curbside Classic!

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curb...c-1975-pontiac-catalina-safari-a-lot-to-love/

Now, I know why when I travel outside of the Northeast, people look at us Philadelphians with suspect. I encounter it out west here. The guy should have just kept his mouth shut, stating the facts on the car, and that would be that. Seems to me its fishy now. As for the wagon, Mr. Douchebag is somewhat correct (I am by no means taking his side) BUT the fact is, that the days of me getting a nice, say '69 Marquis hardtop for like $2500 and then able to drive it 600 miles home is over. It's hard for me to swallow the prices paid for late 70's GM F-Bodies. To me, in my mind - a nice '79 Z28 should be $3500 tops - but as I have not evolved, the world has, and are paying 10-12K plus for one. I do say, I could do alot with that wagon though.

3. jwdtenn

4. jwdtenn

5. BlownNitroPontiac

BlownNitroPontiac New Member

I asked him, several times, on eBay, for some better detailed photographs of the bottoms of the fenders and trailing edges of the rear wheel wells.

No response...

To the post above: those pictures show absolutely no detailing whatsoever since he had it picked it up from my driveway.