1968 International Travelall

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by markfnc, Jun 10, 2021.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Listing just withdrawn by B-A-T because of a possible 'family dispute' involving the true ownership of the vehicle.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

that's a bit crazy.

4. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    From the BAT comments section:

“Please don’t hate me too much…
    The Travelall is stuck between estate lawyers and family members and cannot yet be sold.
    Here’s how it played out last night. A BaT community member contacted me yesterday morning, about 24 hours prior to the auction ending, wanting to fly in and inspect the Travelall, ‘today’. After a few phone calls and a short flight we rendezvoused at the airport. Within an hour we arrived at the Travelall about 35 miles south east of the airport. The inspection went well and we were soon joined by a few of the Travelall owners’ family members. I was pulled aside and informed that the Travelall was still under the estate lawyers control and could not yet be sold. That moment was most stressful. I had asked about this months earlier and was given the thumbs up to sell. Not so much, the auction needed to be pulled/cancelled. I have been in touch with my auction manager and believe BaT is preparing to pull the auction. This news is extremely disappointing and embarrassing to convey to the enthusiastic BaT community. The comments and stories have been a pleasure to read and it looks like we will miss the excitement typically associated with the end of an auction here on BaT. If there is any good news, it is that this gem isn’t going away, just being put on hold.”

Anyone see the movie “Knives Out”? I can just imagine this family battling it out over who owns the Travelall right now. :eek:

5. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah the family thought Uncle John was crazy for buying the damn thing, now that he’s gone suddenly the junker is the families most prized possession. It’s like anything else with a $ sign on it. Suddenly it’s the jewel that everyone fights over.

6. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I will never understand these types of situations.(I have been involved in a few) If uncle John didn't bequest it to any certain destiny it should be sold and the money is added to the estate coffers. GREED IS A HORRIBLE THING!.....Longroofs Rule, Greed Sucks!