Vehicle:
FORD|COUNTRY SQUIRE
  1. Elwood1962

Elwood1962 New Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. Elwood1962

Elwood1962 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    This car was hours away from being taken to the crusher on an old farm, and it was given to me for free!! I just had to pay a rollback to bring home. About 3 months later someone tried to steal it from my driveway.. cops said probably dope heads looking to scrap, (crush) it for a few quick dollars.. This car was meant to be with me!!

Grizz, ModelT1 and Poison_Ivy like this.
  3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The dope heads I used to know would only steal the radios or tires. They would never have gone through so much risk or even do that much work for so little reward. What kind of dope are they doing, these days?

4. Elwood1962

Elwood1962 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Meth is bad around here, I live just outside Chattanooga. Prescription pills continue to be a problem, and heroin is coming back strong. I lost a 24yo friend 2 years ago. When I was "partying" in high school and in my 20's we mostly did pot and alcohol. I have been clean and sober for decades and glad of it. I was shocked like you they tried to steal the WHOLE freakin car!!

5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Just goes to show you how destructive meth is. One would never do such things, on traditional drug highs. Meth was created, because of that stupid prohibition on soft drugs.

6. Elwood1962

Elwood1962 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I agree.. do you have a wagon or an older car you treasure? May I ask where your name Poisin Ivy came from?

7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The only cars I treasure are the ones I don't have anymore.
    Poison Ivy used to be a charachter from an old adult comic book. Upon becoming a lead guitar player in a Smutabilly band (that wasn't my idea. My spouse was into spewing perv fantasies into the song lyrics we had to play to), that's the handle I chose. Pundits labelled us "Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Garage" etc... But, we were something a little more odd. After trying out lesser guitars, I kept with an old 1958 Gretsch 6120 which was a favorite of Eddy Cochran and Dwayne Eddy, among others. The ones which weren't simply varnished were all painted in Cadillac colors. This guitar has never been beat, for the sort of music I play. But, it's heavy and gets uncomfortable to have hanging on your shoulder near the end of gigs. I guess, like Cadillacs are heavy.

[​IMG]

8. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    ^^^all right ivy!!! Nice git-fiddle. I love a hollow body and my brother just got a Gretsch similar to that un. I got a couple worn out acoustics with warped necks I like to run the slide on. One is a Gower, a Nashville company 1955-70 something. Don't think they were real popular... also got a dean resonator that's my pride and joy. Bringing it all back to cars, I recently showed a bit of restraint when I found this big gold epiphone hollow body for cheap. Good thing I didn't get it because the next day I happened on a tire machine for the same price. :nohijacking::wrongforum:. Elwood! Love to see more pics of that wagon. I'm your western brother also in Tennessee, hailing from Nashville . Keep us posted on any shows you got out there. I love the drive and Chattanooga in general. Beautiful city. Did you introduce yo self in the welcome wagon??

9. Elwood1962

Elwood1962 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    What is the welcome wagon? Nice to meet you on here Grizz, do you have an old car? The BIG show in TN is the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge twice a year.. must see/go if you love cars.. Oh and Miss Poisin Ivy.. I like your guitar story and picture. I don't play but it looks similar to one I have seen Ted Nugent playing for years. I am a big fan from way back..

10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    His are Gibsons. His style (if you could call it that) would sound awkward on a Gretsch. It would be like sending your mom to the corner store in a muscle car. My guitars' worst nightmare would probably be to die and then get re-incarnated into an ill-fated Gibsons of which he's about to get. We did some stupid stuff, now and then. But, the Wango Tango and what have you were quite embarassing. He should just have stayed with the Amboy Dukes. He's definitely a good guitar player. I can't take that away from him. But, he should only be allowed to perform wearing a muzzle.

11. 12ozMouseBoner

12ozMouseBoner Well-Known Member

Nice, do you have any recordings? I'm a bassist in a garage, grunge, indie rock band right now. So far I use a 1972 Guild JS1 with brass saddles and a single bridge pickup, its good. But I need more, eventually I want to get an EB-0 long scale. Or a JS2 Longscale, I like short scales if I do solos, but I love playing around with the harmonics on a ls.

12. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage: