1963 Bel Air WAGON build (New guy)

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by jmastersinc, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jmastersinc

jmastersinc New Member

I am new to this site and am in the proccess of building a 1963 Belair Wagon 9 passanger. Don't have alot of time to post my build from the begining but have been keeping a thread at another site http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6215

I will however post updates from here on out hoping to get feedback and advice if you have any.

Thanks

2. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know if you found anything for your firewall/distributor interference issue, but Pertronix makes a kit that converts your distributor to an electrical system, but it fits under a points distributor cap. We have one on the '67 Biscayne and my dad has one on his '72 El Camino.

3. 65falconwagon

65falconwagon New Member

Have you tried desert valley auto parts out in AZ? They have plenty of rust free cars and maybe a compatible rearend would fit better....but if you already have the 9 inch and want to stick with it just follow what the other member said

4. jmastersinc

jmastersinc New Member

I already 'releaved' the firewall a little and it runs but could use more timing to start easier, I know the kit you are talking about I put one in my 63' stepside and it works great. Thanks!

5. jmastersinc

jmastersinc New Member

I found a stock rearend out of a 64' impala and have it in there now, I got the 9 inch for the disk brakes and will eventually put it in after I take care of some higher priorities. Curry makes a kit for the 9 inch to make it a bolt in axle for my Wagon.

6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Looking good. Might have to cruise over and see it when it's all done.
    keep up the good work (y)

7. 1sic63

1sic63 New Member

Wow, you sure did a lot of work on that car...reminds me when I had my 63 bel air wagon......except it didn't have the 3rd seat...Good luck and trust me....when you finish it will be worth it:)

8. whittier

whittier wagons for life

Wagon Garage:
    Hay Thire , Cant Wait To See The Wagon Done, I Just Finished A 1963 Imp Wagon . I Have Some Parts Left . Let Me Know What You Need . Im In Phx Az. tks Ray...

9. jmastersinc

jmastersinc New Member

sweet, do you have any pictures or a thread? I am realy in need of floor pans right now, then windsheild, interior.

10. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    the floors from a 4dr will work in the rear...any 2dr stuff will fit the front.
    try www.goldenleafautomotive.com the USA counterpart is www.dynacorn.com ...but the Canadian site is waaaay better

the windshield is available NEW...scroll down..you'l hit it...call them ..ask where thier closest dealer is..(cheap too):D http://www.classic-new.com/classic.htm#chevy

and interior... http://www.puiinteriors.com/ ...tell them thier Canadian distributor sent ya...that should be good for a chuckle(y)