1976 Pontiac Sunbird

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Jul 6, 2021.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. jwdtenn

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

It looks like it is in very nice condition, it was definatly garaged most of ts life, as the red interior plastic has not been reduced to dust buy the sun! But I wonder what the edited white spot on the seat and seat belt is hiding?

I would also like to see a picture of the battery tray, I have seen Monza's in the same condition were the battery acid ate not only the steel of the tray, but all the inner fender & frame and core support structure around it. The only thing holding the battery in place was good will and the cables!

It is a bit overpriced IMO at $9500, H-Body owners are the cheapest SOB's I have ever dealt with as a general rule, (myself included!) If this car was a hatchback, a factory V8 model, or a Sunbird Formula I could see it going for the asking price or more. But this is a $5000-6000 car at the top end IMO. Very nicely preserved though! But it is not one of the sporty models that go for top dollar. It would be interesting to see what this Odd Fire Buick V6 Model would sell for on BAT.

4. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

That's not an edited white spot it's a seat belt cover so the seatbelt doesn't rub on your neck, usually made of a soft material like wool.

5. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Very nicely preserved indeed. Most of these Sunbirds and the other GM subcompacts looked much worse for wear before the loan was paid.

6. cammerjeff

Duh!!!!!! I am getting old, my wife keeps telling me, but I never seem to remember her saying it!

7. jwdtenn

8. cammerjeff

Judging by the condition of the red interior plastic panels, this car has spent most of its life inside out of the sun!

That car is really well optioned, Buick V6, Auto Trans (should e a TH350) Long center console with the "T" shift knob, A/C. AF/FM Stereo, Full Wheel covers, Tinted Glass, Bumper rub strips & guards, Sport Mirrors(both driver and passenger side remote), Comfort cushion steering wheel, Power Steering & Brakes, it even has color keyed seat belts and a full truck liner.

It would be a nice driver if the A/C still works, not fast or with that good of gas mileage (expect 18-20 mpg Highway)

But they really do not have that good of following, the seller may be better served putting it up on BAT wit a no reserve, In it condition it is rare enough to get some interest, even if it isn't a sporty model.

9. jwdtenn

10. cammerjeff

Still a nice example, but I think they are going to have to come down a bit more on the asking price for it. H-body people make 73-77 GM A-Body people look like they have unlimited wallets in my experiance.