1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by markfnc, Sep 2, 2021.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

BID TO $9,250 ON 9/4/21, no sale

cant imagine there is much of a market for these.

[​IMG]

3. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    There really isn't a market for these. They were comfy to sit in but underneath it was still an underpowered and underwhelming Chrysler K-car (sure, it's technically a J body but that's just a refined K car). I had friends who had the Mitsubishi v6 that came in these cars when they were new and while they were sportier than the smaller engines, they were still somewhat problematic from a reliability standpoint. I can't imagine that 30 years later they've gotten better...

markfnc likes this.
  4. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

One of these shows up in this area every winter (which is our outdoor weather for car shows) and the owner just loves it. Our local example is a good looking car in person and the leather interior shows well but the dash looks cheesy to me. May not be a market for these but many people do take the time to look at the one down here.

5. just me

just me Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That seller will be sorry he didn't take that high bid. I like these (have had 2 and wouldn't mind a 3rd) but 3500 to 4500 is the value of most nice ones. This one has the really low miles but a few things changed/modified on it that make me question that number. If it was totally stock and the miles were verifiable then this one would really only get about 6500 on an open market sale to a knowledgeable buyer. Reading some of the comments on the auction really made me laugh. "Had both a turbo and a normally aspirated 2.2" comment especially since the 2.2 4cyl was only offered with turbo on these, the normally aspirated ones were the V6 versions. Basically the Maserati part of these was the mirror smooth paint and the leather over the entire interior. Those seats were so comfy that I wasn't tired after driving my V6 version across most of the country in 2 days, seat felt like it was tailor made just for me.