Another excellent woodgrain product coming from stripeman.com

Discussion in 'Woodgrain' started by 90merc, Jul 30, 2021.

1. 90merc

90merc Well-Known Member

Hi folks, a few years ago I shared a digital file of 1970 Chevy Kingswood Estate di-noc with the folks at stripeman.com and they used it to produce a high-quality woodgrain suitable for use as replacement woodgrain for many GM wagons (the pattern and medium to dark tone color palette had been used, with some variations in tones, by Chevrolet, Buick, Olds and Pontiac on various wagon models between 1966 and 1976, most notably on the Chev Caprice/Kingswood estates, Olds Custom Cruisers and Buick Estates. I used the stripeman.com reproduction woodgrain, based on my file, to wood my 2007 Subaru Outback. There are photos of it elsewhere on the forum in an old post I believe.

In the meantime I acquired some original rolls of 1978 Malibu Estate/Caprice Estate di-noc, as this is another pattern and color palette I really like. Once again I had the di-noc scanned into a file and stripeman.com has created a beautiful reproduction woodgrain from the file.

My plan is to some day purchase and refurbish a late 60’s early 70’s wagon and use this reproduction Malibu woodgrain to re-wood it.

It’s too soon for the new product to appear on the stripeman.com website, but at some point the product will become available, as is the GM dark walnut based on my other file.

I hope the photo gives you an idea of how really excellent-looking and faithful to the original di-noc this new product is.

Until next time,

Owen

Attached Files:

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Owen, what base material are they printing this on?

Also, for member's research purposes, this information might get 'lost' in this section. Better to have it in the 'Woodgrain' sub-section of the 'Cosmetic and Restoration' forum section.

3. 90merc

90merc Well-Known Member

Hi Marshall,

It’s printed on 3M Controltac, has expected outdoor life of 5-7 years, and the top layer is high-gloss.

I’ll see about copying this to the woodgrain section.

4. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    I can move it if you'd like, jut say the word.

5. 90merc

90merc Well-Known Member

Thank you HRR, that would be great!