Ford country sedan 1973

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by MalinDa, Jun 22, 2021.

1. MalinDa

MalinDa New Member

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, just wanted some to see if this vehicle was previously discussed in the forum. I have missed two great country squire last year for great price, now not many ads for those. I have been looking at this for some time and it seems its still bot sold, not sure why. Price is somehow high but with right offer. Also question if car does not come with the rear side facing seats can i install them give the car is with storage compartment?

Thanks,
    https://classiccars.com/listings/vi...sedan-for-sale-in-woodstock-connecticut-06281

2. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I swear that use to be a member's car here. The location and passenger side damage seem familiar. They have a post for in on their Facebook page from January so if he still has it he may be willing to deal. He is a dealer so of course everything he has is rare and impossible to find.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Redline-Classic-Cars-LLC-513496849013584/posts/?ref=page_internal

Search for old posts by SlideManiac. This is the post when the car was hit. Might be other/earlier pictures before he got hit.
    http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/threads/failed-state-inspection.47083/

I'm 99% sure this is his old car.

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It’s funny you say that Kevin. The drivers side door damage is what I remember as well. I know I have seen this car on here before. It’s funny he says the stripper version used by police. I think the Ranch Wagon fit that bill.

4. just me

just me Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That ad lists the exterior condition as 'good', seems 'bad' to me! At least it didn't say 'good for age' which means absolutely nothing to a buyer.

5. KevinVarnes

Wagon Garage:
    They could have at least used brown duct tape to patch the front seat instead of contrasting black. Honestly though, if you like this body style, the doors and front seat wouldn't be too terrible to fix and you could have a pretty solid car to start with. Interesting that they state the title as clear.

6. MalinDa

MalinDa New Member

I was thinking about, but its weird that its still not sold for long period of time. My main concerns is the dealership, besides facebook page and a random home address with registered LLC online, couldnt find any reviews, i might go see it in person and decide what i can offer.

7. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

What about this Ford appeals to you? You said you missed out on a couple of Country Squires. This is considerably down rent from a Squire.

8. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Around here in Tennessee, "clear title" means no liens on it, not accident free or anything. Tennessee does still issue titles for old/antique vehicles, unlike some other states. If it had been reported in an accident with an insurance claim and was a total loss (money wise), it would have a "salvage" title here.

9. KevinVarnes

Wagon Garage:
    If it is SlideManiac's car then I am pretty sure he said the insurance company totalled it.

10. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    So we're on the same page as to what it means then.

11. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    In New Mexico a clean title is one that doesn’t have salsa stains on it.