1987 Civic $5995 Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by ken1939, Jun 17, 2021.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

2. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    If I lived within 500 miles of Seattle I’d be on this little Civic like a fly on a hot dog left on the picnic table on the 4th of July. :)

3. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be a wet blanket at all, but what exactly is so desirable about this 34 year old Honda?

These features are available on many contemporary used cars that are not ancient (comparatively), even if they may have a few more actual miles.

4. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think it is all in the styling. Where else are you going to find such awkward proportions along with front and rear bumpers that look like you could hose a picnic on and less than 80hp in the same package?

5. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

:lolup:

6. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nothing. These were high school cars for me and the handful I road in drove just fine but they had no power and were utterly unspectacular to ride in and drive. The only real selling point for them was they did great on fuel and were reliable. As low output as their engines were, that all makes sense. They also did not do 75MPH on the highway very well.

The only real advantage to them now is that they are small and easily fit in tiny parking spots for city dwellers and non-highway commuters. Slightly longer than a Smart Car with more seats and room, plus it costs 1/5 the cost and repairs will be easy.

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Predecessor to the CR-V, really. If I hadn't already bought my Dakota, I'd be seriously interested in this..... I'd probably get triple the mpg over the Dakota.

8. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Probably the same thing could be said about many of the cars that are featured here. Most of the appeal that people have for a particular car is often the nostalgia factor, for those who owned one, drove one or remembers them.

Having said that, these Hondas were somewhat unique for the time (aside from the Subarus of the same era, or larger Jeeps) in having 4WD *and* a manual transmission. And this one looks particularly clean.

9. Edv96buick

Edv96buick Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, I agree, it is all about the nostalgia. I have a Chevy Chevette in my collection and some people think I’m crazy but a lot of people like to see it. This car, like my Chevette, I like because of the era that it was created in. Cars like this take me back to the time and place in the world when things felt better...when I was young and possibilities were endless and my whole life was ahead of me.

60Mercman likes this.
  10. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

I actually liked Japanese cars more when they looked Japanese - like this one.

11. jim535

jim535 born in a Ford

Wagon Garage:
    Well said, Station Wagon Brother! :thumbs2: