1964 Ford Country Sedan Wagon Full Restoration

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by crownconcepts, Nov 26, 2019.

1. crownconcepts

crownconcepts New Member

Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but wanted to share a project that we have been working on. It is a 1964 Ford Country Sedan Wagon that we did a full restoration on for a customer. The vehicle was purchased new by the customers father, a founder of Burr-Brown, in 1964. Follow the link to see the blog
    https://crownconceptsusa.com/1964-ford-country-sedan-wagon-restoration/

markfnc likes this.
  2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Thank you for sharing this with us. I bet the owner is over the moon about it. How about you, though? Do you have your own longroof project?

crownconcepts likes this.
  3. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    That's a good looking resto, congratulations! Where did you source the tailgate weatherstripping from, because MANY of us would like to find a source!

crownconcepts likes this.
  4. crownconcepts

crownconcepts New Member

Hello, I actually own a 1962 Cadillac Coupe Deville, which is long but not a wagon lol. I just wanted to share this restoration that we did at the shop I work for. I thought you guys might like to see the progress and final photos. Please enjoy. And let us know if you have any questions about the build. :)

5. crownconcepts

crownconcepts New Member

Ahh yes we have gotten several questions about the tailgate restoration. If you lie, you can give us a quick call at 520-900-7586, and one of the guys who worked on the project can answer that for you. :)

6. PopPops64CountrySquire

PopPops64CountrySquire New Member

Hello gentleman I'm new to the forum and was hoping i could find a forum that would help me answer some question and point me in the direction to find parts to help me restore my grand fathers 1964 Ford country squire, After my grand father passing in 2010 I inherited the grandparents country squire which they bought from the ford factory in New York where they lived at the time. it had since travelled from New York to California twice before they moved to California in the 70's. The car had always followed them around and now is in my hands. The car was kept in its original state running and driving, My grandfather started to bring his car back to life but didn't have time to finish it do to cancer. So in 2012 the the work began and I found out very fast how absolutely awesome this car is and how hard it can be to find parts for this car and also how many people haven't herd or seen one. I know that was long winded but if any one has any links or words of wisdom in completely open. Thank you guys and i look forward to talking with you guys and learning. If anyone would like more specs on the car feel free to message me!

7. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome PopPops! I’m going to shorten it to that for now because I’m logged in mobile and I am too lazy to type it all out. :)

I have a 63 Country Sedan myself. One thing g to remember is that from the rear doors forward, they are the same as the Galaxie four door sedan. From the rear doors back is where it gets hard.

So floor pans, electrical, heater controls, etc etc are Galaxie.

Steele Rubber has weatherstripping, as well as Rubber The Right Way. Macs and Ecklers have a lot of suspension parts and other goodies.

Hope this helps. If you haven’t already, introduce yourself in the proper section (“The Welcome Wagon”) and post pictures and specs of your car. We all love pictures around here.

Again, welcome.

8. PopPops64CountrySquire

PopPops64CountrySquire New Member

Thank you very much Hot Rod Racer that already is massive help, Ill make sure to make it over to the welcome wagon page and get all the specs and picture of the old mans ride! im very excited to get to know guys that have the same love for station wagons that i do.

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

love a 64 Ford

10. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Give the parts peeps at Green Sales in Ohio (www.greensalescompany.com) sells NOS Ford parts they have come up with over the decades. It may not yield what you need, but they can provide part numbers that can help you look for a needed part elsewhere. Also, there's a collector lot at Pick n Pull San Antonio, about 60 miles from me. If there's something you're looking for, email me at silvertwinkiehobo@gmail.com, and we can set something up. That section is only three days a week, three hours each time they're open, and there are a handful of '66 Blue Oval cars in the collection. Unfortunately, the one wagon they have (a '67) has already had the rear cut off of it, at the center of the rear wheel wells.