To cruise or not to cruise?

Discussion in 'Car Shows and Swap Meets' started by fannie, Mar 2, 2021.

1. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Our cruise is not until June 12 & 13. I had thought about doing something like this but I'm not sure. It might be tricky if there is a lone driver to look around.

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That's a fantastic idea Bill.
    You have a point though Jennifer. I suppose it would have to be up to the participants discretion.

60Mercman and fannie like this.
  3. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

drive the route looking for detours, construction etc and to be sure you don't get lost. I went on a 125 mile cruise with about 6 hours it was tiresome. Went on another one with around 70 cars or so the leader was not the best, speeding up through yellow lights he did not seem to care what was going on behind him. It was ok time. Good luck, remember you won't keep everybody happy

fannie likes this.
  4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    True Fannie. That’s why I suggested taking the route at least a couple of times, and ALFATAR brought up a good point. If you have some people familiar with the route stagger them into the caravan so folks don’t get lost or left behind. You may want to have a rough map, or directions on the trivia sheet.

fannie and ModelT1 like this.
  5. OrthmannJ

A map is a must.
    A few years back I was on a cruise that had maps that were copies of those available at the local/town visitor's center.
    They made copies, then highlighted the route we were taking and then on the back had turn by turn directions for the length of the cruise route including landmarks, points of interest etc.

fannie, ModelT1 and 60Mercman like this.
  6. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    In Florida, many clubs had a trophy for the CLUB WITH THE MOST CARS also.:1st:
    Maybe OLDEST CAR DRIVEN.
    I miss co-helping at a club event. At our car club, it was a group thing. Not just one person or couple could be blamed for what went wrong.:162:
    Since my other cars are not driveable and I recntly bought one I can't de-clutch, plus it's winter again, I don't even know about any car events or cruises in my area.
    Most evenings I watch warm weather area events on YouTube. Even in the deep south where the corn virus is out of control, car owners and car lovers show up ........ masked and unmasked.
    A cruise makes more sense.

fannie likes this.
  7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Thank you for the feed back. I have driven the route to time it and as you say to make sure the route is driving friendly. These routes are some of my favorite and I have travelled them often. But I want to make sure others would be comfortable and enjoy the roads, the scenery and not get bored.

There will be no more then 25 cars per group. I thought that was a lot... I couldn't imagine the logistics of organizing 70+ cars/drivers at one time. Having said that I am hoping there will be in total 100 cars to attend our cruises, just not at one time. The cruise from start to finish will take about 5 1/2 hours but that includes one 15 minute bathroom break and 1 hour lunch break.

I am hoping to have a volunteer to lead the group and help to keep folks on schedule, as the second group will only be an hour behind the first group. That is a good point about not being conscious about what is happening behind the leader, I'll have to keep that in mind. Merc that is also a great idea to stagger drivers familiar with the route in the line. I really appreciate this feed back.

Orth I have been going over the route many many times. I have printed off the route from Google Maps and plan to copy it and have it in the thank you package that I will give out. I got a quote on t-shirts today so I think every car registered will receive a t-shirt with our logo on it. We haven't given out shirts for awhile, hope they enjoy them.

MT1 you maybe sitting in your livingroom but now that you posted here you are now involve with this cruise. Which I have named the "FLAUNT & FLASH FOLLOWERS CRUISE".

Keep the suggestions coming guys, it's all very helpful.
    :tiphat:

wagoninsane, 60Mercman and OrthmannJ like this.
  8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I got the logo design...I like the middle one.

Attached Files:

wagoninsane likes this.
  9. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Me too, it presents better than the other two.

10. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I also like the presentation of the middle one, looks great!.....Longroofs Rule!

11. OrthmannJ

I concur. The middle design is the better of the three.

12. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well we all can't be wrong...hahaha. Just hope I get to use it???

13. OrthmannJ

Has something come up?

14. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yes!!! We are in lock down AGAIN. It's a variant this time...rrr.

It seems to have launched when folks from Ontario came to visit during a family funeral and didn't isolate. We went from having 1-2 cases per day to 153 just today. Case count is over 1060 now, that's the highest it has ever been. Then seventeen party goers were fined $1000. each, they thought "it was totally worth it" and said so on FB so the Premier doubled the fine. The next day they apologized but not many except it. There was talk that their university was considering expelling them. Not sure if that actually happened.
    This passed weekend there was more idiots out having parties, they too were fined $2000. each. Hope they had fun while the rest of us were staying home as asked.

So, I'm not sure if we can go ahead with the curse, it's not looking good. They are asking folks to stay in their own community unless you have to travel for work, doctors appt., and such. Have to wait and see.

:dead:

15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Saw this when i was out. Ford show in Raleigh area mid May

Attached Files:

fannie likes this.