Nationwide Hauling, any suggestions?!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by ken1939, Apr 10, 2021.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

I wanted to touch base on the forums to see anyone that might have used a nationwide car hauling service and what success they have had. The couple I used once did not seem to be in business any longer, looking for Roseville CA to Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Boy be careful with the flood of (954) calls you get when you hunt for a quote. Honestly you may want to PM Jaunty he just got a Big Olds Toro moved from KY to NM. Seemed from his post they showed up as advertised on both ends. To me it is also important with the size of the car. When I bought my ‘77 Colony Park in VA I had a couple of haulers lined up. All they kept telling me while they stalled me was “you know that’s a big car”. Ah dah I didn’t call it a Bobcat when I got the quote. Seems like a few tried to get me to give them a few hundred more. The truck was never on the right side of I-95. Finally got a guy I knew from NM that was dropping off a car in southern NY. He was tickled to get gas money back to Née Mexico. I just lucked out.

3. ken1939

I have been there. I got lucky when I had a 75 Falcon Ute shipped from Oregon to Pa. Good Couple. Lost touch with them. I had 8 Companies all promising me there were Professionals and not go for the lower bid. I had one that I told not to come they showed up at the same time as the couple I wanted to ship. If it was closer would do it myself. Most of the quotes were more expensive than if I imported a car from Germany.

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

The price of moving freight has gone up dramatically in the last few months. I deal with this stuff on a regular basis and I have been a bit taken aback by the rapid increases. There are a lot of things contributing to this of course, but the point I'm trying to make is that right now it's just super expensive to move something the size of an automobile across the country. Hopefully things calm down soon and things level out, so if you're not in hurry you might see if you can ride this out. If you can't wait, then you may just have to bite the bullet.

5. ken1939

For some reason domestic shipping is through the roof.

6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Yes it is. But it's not just domestic shipping. International shipping is as well. It's all being effected.

7. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Somebody’s gonna cover the spike in gas/diesel cost

8. ken1939

Thats ok I bagged the idea