77 Cadillac Seville Seattle C/L $5400.00 OBO

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by cammerjeff, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

One of the features that made me go "What the Hell's that?" was the brake light indicator in the headliner above the rear seat. You'd look in the rearview to see two glowing red dots....

2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

I had a set of those on a 1970 GTO I parted out decades ago, the indicators were mounted on the package shelf on that car, I thought they were some JC Whitney junk and didn't remove them, later found out they were a very seldom bought factory option, that on GTO's at least was only available 1 year. I could have sold them for more than I paid for the car.

I really do like this Seville, I hope it goes to a good home so I don't have to fly out and drive it back to Michigan,

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cadillac had those for years. I always liked those in conjunction with the 3 lights on the fender mounted indicators. If memory serves me the lights were white amber and blue.

4. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Now I am really confused by the passenger side power seat switch's I just found this 77 Seville on BAT, and it has a recline lever in place of the power switch on the one on C/L. I now remember my mothers had the manual lever like the BAT car.

I like the C/L cars colors better than the BAT car, even if it has many more miles on it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-cadillac-seville-6/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My guess Jeff would be a manual recliner is standard, power recliner optional. Probably a separate option from the optional 6-way power passenger seat.

6. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is most likely correct. Reclining seats were really not a thing on American cars until the 1980s, and I can easily see Cadillac leading the way a decade earlier with the option. 6-way seats were the standard Cadillac thing, but reclining was it's own function that didn't fit into the standard GM 6-way switch that had been used for years.