A great club and additional resource!

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Station Wagon Ranger, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Station Wagon Ranger

Station Wagon Ranger 1953 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    Is anyone else with StationWagonForums a member of The International Station Wagon Club? Ive been a member now for about 3 years. Its a great club with an involved President and enthusiastic members. They provide a mailed quarterly newsletter full of great information. The club historian completes in-depth research on specific marques and years of wagons for each issue as well. ISWC also sponsors a station wagon roundup/show each year in June (other than last year of course) which typically takes place in the eastern US.

Just another wonderful resource out there for us station wagons aficionados. If you'd like further information, go to: ISWCstationwagon.org

wagoninsane and markfnc like this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I thought about joining in 2018, was planning to go to the annual gathering also and then life interrupted. I should've at least joined the club! Now that you've brought it up I may just go to their site and register, thanks for the remind......Longroofs Rule!

3. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Youll be glad you did!

Like I always say...."go vintage wagon or go home":yup:

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Interesting. I don't know if I have ever heard of this organization before. I'm going to have to check them out.
    Thanks Ranger.

5. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    My pleasure sir

6. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

I thank you too Ranger. Will sign up with ISWC today. Was a member of the American Station Wagon Owners Association (ASWOA) for a few years until they ceased. Went to one of their annual get togethers in Dearborn around 2013 or so and had a great time. Still have some of the ASWOA decals on our Safari.

7. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Very nice. Its a great club and youll love the magazine. They are planning a station wagon meet/gathering this June in Staunton, Virginia with lots of interesting side trips as well. Of course all of this depends on the Covid issue resolving itself enough.

I was never a member of ASWOA but it looked like a great club. I was able to retrieve one of their monthly magazines on ebay just last week. It was well laid out and full of good wagon owner stories. I researched them on the internet and called the numbers in the magazine, however the club looks to be dissolved and the numbers were disconnected. Not sure what happened there.

8. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I too also looked at the members bios and pics on the website. They seemed to have a lot of members, with a lot of great looking station wagons. Unfortunately for us western guys all of their meets seem to have taken place in Maryland, Virginia, and along the eastern seaboard, so I never joined, but it did seem like a great club for wagonistas, especially those residing along the I95 corridor.

9. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, That is one of the small drawbacks for us Western US guys. However ISWC is primarily "magazine based" (no club meetings per say) anyway except for the yearly "Wagon Round-up" (which takes place back east). I retrieved a list of the members in California. There were a few. I volunteered to serve as the west coast ambassador for the club and recently was elected to the board. I plan to make the "Wagon Roundup" this year in Staunton, Virginia but of course without the '53 Squire. It should be fun commenserating with other wagon guys and meeting everyone, regardless.

60Mercman likes this.
  10. FalconFuturaWagon

FalconFuturaWagon FordFan

Wagon Garage:
    I'm hoping to get to the round-up in Staunton. I've not joined the ISWC yet but I will soon.

Not sure how your 53 is for road trips but we took our 65 Falcon wagon from Richmond VA to Sacramento CA in 2017. We traveled by ourselves to Oklahoma City and traveled with Falcon friends the CA and back about to Denver where we on our own again. We've had an AAA membership for years. We increased our "free" towing to 100 miles once we started the wagon around the country.

60Mercman likes this.
  11. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Bill,
    Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, I don't feel confident enough to drive the '53 Squire across country to the "Wagon Roundup". Just too far. Id love to, but if I were to have a major breakdown it would be an expense I just couldn't afford right now.

By the way, the ISWC Wagon Roundup has been changed to Canton, Ohio this June. Apparently the host hotel in Stanton, Virginia doesn't feel quite ready to open up for guests with the remnants of covid winding down. You can go to the ISWC website or, when you join ISWC, you will get all the information for the upcoming show. Im really looking forward to attending. It'll be my first. Hope to see you there my friend!

12. FalconFuturaWagon

FalconFuturaWagon FordFan

Wagon Garage:
    Darn...that's 450 miles for me instead of 115. Canton is close to where Karen and I grew up so we can make a family visit out of it, too. Not sure if we'll have the Falcon or the Crown Vic. We might have taken both to Stanton but it's too far to Canton.

13. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    I understand. it would be great if you could make it either way.

14. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just spent two hours trying to register for ISWC !?? Got all the way through the form four times and at the end where you pay it says "oops, sorry something went wrong, try again!?? Want to join ....BUT !?

15. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Im so sorry. I wouldn't know what the problem could be. Let me give you the contact information direct for the president and club HQ. That might work better.....

The International Station Wagon Club
    120 Hicks Rd.
    Renfrew, PA 16053
    ISWCstationwagon.org
    President, Chuck Snyder -
    cesmurf@gmail.com