1965 Country Squire vinyl wood replacement

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by 53Plymouth, Dec 26, 2020.

1. 53Plymouth

53Plymouth Member

Need any and all advice on how to do this correctly. I am sure there are many who have been this route and know the tricks.

2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome, 53Plymouth! Someone will probably chime in on the project your on. In the mean time you could go to the Welcome Wagon thread and introduce yourself and whatever vehicles you are in possession of. By the way WE LOVE PICTURES around here! Good luck with the 65 and hope you enjoy your stay on the forums......Longroofs Rule!

3. 53Plymouth

53Plymouth Member

Thanks for the welcome. I am surprised that I was not aware of this forum. Have owned a lot of vehicle over the past 50 years but got totally interested in wagons about 10 years ago. I still from time to time purchase another body style but seldom ever keep it for the long haul ( no pun intended). Pictures are of my 4 wagons with the 65 Squire just purchased but not delivered as yet from Calif. 53 Plymouth and 56 Chevrolet have been modified mechanically but kept as stock appearing as possible in and out. I drive the wagons quite a bit. 53 Plymouth went to Mt. Rushmore in 2019 as well as Detroit for Woodward Dream Cruise in same year. Florida was the starting point for all the trips. 56 Chevrolet was just finished about two months ago but due to the VIRUS no trips have been planned.

The 1965 Squire is going to be a daily driver in N. Carolina for a small farm we have up there. Had to finally buy something that could be driven by the wife without worry. Just have to add A/C, replace the vinyl and update all systems for reliability. What else could possibly go wrong ? LOL This car was owned by the 2nd owner since 2003 in Calif. Glad to have found it unmolested, no rust and with relatively low miles 70K. Have not seen it in person but after many talks with the owner I feel that it is as described. Had it looked over by a dealer in the area so at least I would have a 2nd opinion. The only thing that surprised me was the transport fees. I use Reliable because they are reliable but things have gone up since I used them 5 years ago. $2300 enclosed from Calif to Florida. I quit using brokers as the lack of dependability, experience and third party hauler has left me questioning several times the savings.

I look forward to having some comments on the replacement of the vinyl wood sides. Have never done this before and may decide that I will farm it out so any and all advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

The white wagon--did that a '63 Belvedere? I'm not up that much on my Sixties Mopar wagons. Oh, and Jeremiah should see this one; he owns his grandfather's '64 Fury wagon.

5. 53Plymouth

53Plymouth Member

63 Dodge

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Ah, got it. A very nice stable of wagons there.