I finally made a big decision

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by fannie, Jun 10, 2020.

1. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It has been on my mind for awhile that perhaps we should sell Lil'Sis. It was a difficult decision to come to but I finally decided to listed her for sale Sunday evening on Market Place on FB. It was actually heart warming how many people wanted a little station wagon. By lunch time Monday I had over a dozen folks message me.
    A middle age man (Leo), who really wanted to come over Sunday night 10:00 pm with a big light, is the one who bought her. The first appointment Monday morning didn't show. There was three other guys who where interested. I promised to message them with the out come. When I did, Leo was so excited, told me he'd be right over it would take about an hour.
    While I was waiting for Leo I answered a bunch of other messages, letting them know of the situation. The other two guys that I had messaged had still not replied. I had a very interesting conversation with one of the fellas. He had a few older cars and wanted to add Lil'Sis to his garage. He sent me pictures of the work he had done and how she would have a good home with him. But he understood he had to wait for Leo to have a look. When Leo and friend arrived they had portable ramps and gave her a good going over. He told me about having just purchasing a small SUV and really wasn't happy with his young family sitting so close to the rear and if there was ever an accident from the back they probably would be injured. He felt the wagon would be much safer. I told him to remember this was 31 year old car and it would need some tlc. He seemed giddy at the opportunity to have an old car to do up.
    Well I was pleased that she was going to a person who seemed excited to haul his family around in and who wanted a car to tinker with. I was also glad the sale happened quickly and didn't drag out over days or weeks.
    Good bye Lil'Sis we had a great time together. :(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Awww. I am sad to hear she's gone, but happy for you if that's what you wanted to happen.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sad.........
    But for the best. That rust repair was going to be a lot of work, and you've got the older one to finish up.

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

:cussing::cry: Bye little one....:jumping2::sweep:

5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks guys, it really is for the best. Some time ago I had her into a body shop that did car wraps. I wanted to see if the wood grain could be put back after the body work was completed. It could, but it was going to cost a lot. As much as I liked this little wagon I didn't want to get into an expensive body job.
    Hubby almost had me talked into selling Fannie and keeping Lil'Sis. But when it came right down to it Fannie is the one I really want to spent my retirement money on. And we also have Cameron, a little van front '83 GMC camper. We just can't keep them all.
    Lil'Sis is going to get the attention she deserves with Leo and she is going to be a "family" car for the very first time.

6. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

They become like family almost. Hard to see them go. We have an Isuzu Trooper that's 35yo and been in the family since new. It was our Dad's last vehicle. Couldn't imagine letting it go. But you still have your wagon to work on.

fannie likes this.
  7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is another of the reasons to say good bye to Lil'Sis.

8. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    How fortunate that it is going to someone who saw the love you had for the vehicle. It’s exciting when the new owner has as much umpf and passion for the car as you did. It was I know a hard decision. They truly are like family. But you made somebody’s day!

fannie likes this.
  9. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    After Leo got home he messaged me to let me know that the trip home was great, no issues at all. He also thanked me for selling him such a nice car.

wagoninsane and 60Mercman like this.
  10. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Just noticed this,
    It was a hard choice to make when I decided to let my Magnum go so I understand the feeling but also like you Fannie I have the other wagon to tinker with so all is still good.

fannie likes this.
  11. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Jennifer, I didn't know you were thinking about selling Lil Sis. I'm sorry to hear that you decided to let her go, but as others have mentioned it sounds like it was for the best. It also sounds like Lil Sis went to a good home.
    Now, it's time to focus your attention on Fannie.

fannie likes this.
  12. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I had been thinking about it for awhile. It's sad but for the best. We have a few thngis we need to catch up around the house but hopefully we can get back to Fannie.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    OrthmannJ and 60Mercman like this.
  13. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sounds like Lil'Sis found a great new home!
    Congrats on the quick sale, Jennifer!

fannie likes this.
  14. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    About a year ago I had ordered a new headliner for Lil'Sis. When Leo bought her Promised to get it to when I remembered to pickup from hubby's broth in law. We were heading in Leo's direction on a camping trip so we made a point to get it to him. He was very appreciative. Hubby also had a transmission mount and I had found the owners manual in a cupboard...I didn't know it wasn't in the car. Anyway I got a couple of pics with her new shoes and Leo wash telling us about his plans for her.

15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    About a year ago I had ordered a new headliner for Lil'Sis. When Leo bought her I promised to get it to him whenever I could get it pickup from hubby's brother in law. We were heading in Leo's direction on a camping trip recently so we made a point to get it to him. He was very appreciative to say the least. Hubby also had a transmission mount and I had found the owners manual in a cupboard...I didn't know it wasn't in the car??? Anyway I got a couple of pics with her new shoes and Leo was telling us about his plans for her.
    A friend of his is going to do the body work (which is what I was hoping he'd do) so the faux wood will have to go. But he is planning to replace it with...Realtree Camo
    [​IMG]

It's just a different kind of wood grain...not my cup of tea, but not my car. Like I said to hubby "I'm just glad he's getting the body work done."
    I have invited Leo to join our group here, telling him how excited everyone would be to watch the transformation and meet another wagon guy. He was telling us how he couldn't believe how many people have been stopping him and chatting about the wagon. He even had some guy pull into his yard and want to trade for a Jeep something or other.
    He is so excited and I am so glad she went to a good home.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020