What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Ouch, I feel for you. I've done that myself, just take things easy. And don't overmedicate...that's how I wrecked my heart was by taking too much ibuprofen daily for too many years.

2. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Spent 5 1/2 hours cleaning, polishing and fitting the windshield trim to the gasket. What a pain, glass gasket and trim all have to be together before installing it into the car, I'll try installing it all into the car tomorrow if it's nice again.

3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hubby got Lil'Sis running and took her down the road for a test drive. She seems to be running well. :bananaman:
    Now he has to get the dash back together, not a fun job but should go better then trying to get the heater hoses back on and a new solenoid switch and cable.

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

What did he finally find that was causing Li'l Sis' runability problems?

5. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Went out this morning to put the glass in and decided to put the dash in first I'm glad I did, it took quite a while to get the dash situated right in order to run in the mounting screws which included me standing up through the windshield opening pushing & pulling on the dash, it's actually quite a snug fit.
    After yesterdays fun installing the gasket and trim on the glass I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to put it in the car but it went in fairly easy, plenty of soapy water and working the gasket down and side to side to get the bottom seated then it was just slowly pulling the cord to get the gasket over the lip stopping and pushing down on the glass occasionally just to make sure everything was going in straight. All in all I spent around an hour putting the windshield in and the resof the day has been spent trying to remember what goes where and which screws need to be used.
    [​IMG]

101Volts and Grizz like this.
  6. Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    A friend and i had an antenna party Saturday for our 92 B-bodies, my OCC, and his Caprice. We replaced the broken power antennas. It took about 5 hours to do a 1-2 hour job due to a number of glitches, and errors. We both ended up with good working antennas. He installed a good used one, and I installed a repaired one on mine. We had a good time, and without alcohol. Now I can take mine to the carwash, just have to make sure the antenna is down.

I repaired my antenna with a steel cable instead of the nylon one. It should never break the cable again. I have 2 to repair. I may repair them with steel cables and sell them for about $175 with a core of a good mast.

101Volts likes this.
  7. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

Here's the aftermath of an antenna party more than likely celebrated with plenty of alcohol and psychodelic drugs. Poor ill-fated car :(

[​IMG]

8. jaxops

jaxops Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just cleaned out the throttle body and air intake as the car was chugging a bit after driving. That and some fuel injection cleaner and it is running a lot smoother.

101Volts likes this.
  9. Paladin62

Paladin62 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Down to the last stuff on my "To Do" list. Once this job is done, I can just cruise...Oh yeah...the LS6...maybe later...Check the "Garage" for more pictures 20200409_115644.jpg

10. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

It was a nice enough day so after I got home from work I treated the 85 300 TD to a new set of injectors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They all checked out between 1950 & 2000 psi out of the box on my test rig which is fine since I didn't feel like playing with shims to balance them closer.
    While I had the injectors out I decided to check the condition of the pre-chambers, although it's hard to see inside in this pic they are all still in good condition.
    [​IMG]
    Even though the chambers are still fine I have new ones on order plus the special tools required to replace them so I'll have them on hand if/when the time comes to rebuild the engine.

101Volts likes this.
  11. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

upload_2020-5-20_22-58-21.png Lincoln wheels become ford wheels

kevdupuis, OrthmannJ, Grizz and 2 others like this.
  12. ALFATAR

ALFATAR Active Member

New to me wheels and tires. I changed the centers to Ford from Lincoln . upload_2020-5-21_20-5-41.png

Doghead and Grizz like this.
  13. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Have you any plans to spruce up the turbines?

14. Silvertwinkiehobo

Nice! Where'd you score the centers?

15. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If I had to guess I would bet they were the centers out of the wire wheel cover of ‘76-‘78