On the hunt in SoCal (referred by GJ)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by JaySco, Jul 19, 2019.

1. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Hi everyone, guess its intro time. A member of the GJ forum reccomended this site so here we are. I dont currently have a wagon but I'm on the search for one so hopefully I'll have some worthy content soon. I've never had one but I've always loved them and figured it's now time to get one. My current lineup has some wagonesque vehicles...Focus hatchback, CX9 SUV, Jeep Cherokee, and my WRX would be a hatch if they still made em. Currently trying to sell the Jeep to raise funds for a wagon purchase.
    A guy at work has a 1967 Polara but it basically needs a complete resto. Theres a 1965 880 listed near me that may have potential. And a tow yard near me has a 1966 Town & Country that I would love to have but they are asking nearly my entire budget for it and I dont even know they condition of the drivetrain. I really hope someone can save that 66, as far as I can tell it is totally optioned out. As Ferris Bueler would say, "It is so choice. If you have the means..."
    Anyway, as you can tell I'm pretty open to make and model so theres no telling what will follow me home one day. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll piss off the wife, but the kids are sure to love it. I guess that's about it for now, I'll just be browsing this forum trying to soak up some info.

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard JaySco. Sounds like you have some good options close by. Good luck with your search. I am sure you're wife will forgive you and what could me more important than making your kids happy right?

JaySco likes this.
  3. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

welcome JaySco
    Hope your hunt goes well, I am selling my 85 colony Park with 61,000 original miles, have replaced just about every gasket and seal, entire brake lines and lots more, unfortunately I am located in Virginia so not sure if either the car or location would work
    video

4. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome JaySco!

5. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like this may be slow going. No real bites on the Jeep so far. That just means more time for research.

6. groverroad

groverroad New Member

Welcome to the community, JaySco.

7. lkmarsh

lkmarsh Long Roof advocate from way back

If your Jeep is posted on a forum, send me the link so I can post it on the Jeep forums.
    I am curious as to what your budget is. As new car prices rise, so do used car prices.
    More so for specialty cars, since the already limited supply dwindles every year.
    What year Cherokee? Here in the PRK you should have no problem moving a pre-76
    Cherokee. Many Wagoneer owners would trade for a Cherokee.

JaySco likes this.
  8. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Thanks for your offer to help move the Jeep, I appreciate it. I do have it on a couple forums (and CL, and OfferUp) here's one
    https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f70/1994-cherokee-se-riverside-ca-5k-252387/
    It's not the pre 76 but still a good year as far as XJ Cherokees go, 94. My purchase budget is whatever I get for the Jeep pretty much. I can funnel money later for repairs and such.

9. Buickmobile

Buickmobile New Member

Were you at in CA

10. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

SoCal, Riverside area.

11. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome aboard, and good luck with the hunt.

12. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Glad you made it over here Jay. Great bunch of guys (and gals..) who are always willing to help and give you some advice (and maybe even some parts).

Not necessarily having a specific make/model of wagon in mind to purchase could work to your advantage here. I'd suggest you start out looking through the pages of the 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craig's List, etc. section. This is where our members post links to 'For Sale' wagons that they find in their internet travels. These ARE NOT SWF members' wagons - just ads we find out there on the interweb. (We have another section to post our own wagons and parts that are for sale...)

http://www.stationwagonforums.com/f...wagon-auctions-craigs-list-and-other-stat.16/

Marshall

JaySco and OrthmannJ like this.
  13. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Hey there Krash. Yup, I took your advice and joined up. Thanks for the link, been checking it out just for giggles and to window shop. Still havent sold my means to fund this project but the local wagons that I was eyeballing are still available so it's just a waiting game for now.

14. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Love a good hunt, don't you. Sounds like the search is well under way. Sorry for the late welcome but :Welcome:.

Looking forward to seeing what you find.

:)