Tailgate glass "clips" for 67 Dodge Coronet Wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 55crownvic, Jul 4, 2019.

1. 55crownvic

55crownvic Well-Known Member

Am putting my buddies wagon back together and cannot find the clips that hold the t/gate window to the regulator, can anyone help with a pic of them, or maybe by some miracle have a set of 3 sitting around needing a good home?

2. 69plywgn

69plywgn Well-Known Member

Don't have the clips, but I hope this picture from the '67 Parts Catalog helps. Also check with www.rtspecialties.net .

Attached Files:

3. 55crownvic

Thats a great pic, unfortunately I cant find those clips in that pic

4. 69plywgn

You said that you're looking for "clips." There are two "CLIPS" shown with the number 23-54-217 (between the glass and tailgate. Since you mentioned the regulator, look at the regulator in the picture. You may need something other than "CLIPS."

5. 55crownvic

Yeah, I found the plastic clip #, and did a search for it, and I do remember those being on his "other" coronet wagon, but this car was missing the back glass, so I couldnt find them, Thank you for that pic, it worked perfect, gave me the part #,I didnt go with the factory clips cause I needed them now, so I used a ford type snap together clip that attached to both sides of the glass and a bolt or rivet holds it to the regulator.

So, with that problem figured out, I need to know what is being used for the outer glass weatherstrip, it gets attached between the glass and the regulator and moves up and down with the glass, the one on this car is destroyed from dry rot, so I need to come up with a solution to that weatherstrip. Will prob go with some sort of aftermarket rubber piece.

Thanks again 69plywgn!!!!!

6. 69plywgn

I got the tailgate weather strip for my '62 from Joe Suchy in Georgia. He specializes in '62-'65 Mopar B-bodies. He may be able to verify if the part will interchange. Contact info.: joesuchy64@gmail.com ; (770) 964-4441.
    If that doesn't work, try Steele Rubber Products, www.steelerubber.com. If they don't have the exact part, they should have something that'll work. If you have a piece of the original, you might find a match.

7. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

55crownvic likes this.