In Victoria, B.C. - '76 Buick Estate - $8,900 (Can)

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Krash Kadillak, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  2. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    At 70 cents on the dollar is that not a really good price?

3. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Yup - that's basically only $6,650 US, at today's exchange rate.

4. fasteddie

fasteddie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah. I’m looking to see if I have any people in Victoria.

5. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Somewhat spendy ferryboat trip to get the wagon off Prince Edward Island.......

6. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

That one looks good and is a bargain on top of that, the price makes up for the Ferry ride costs.

7. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Have to admit this tank got me interested and location isn't really that far from me. The statement of "Needs Body mounts" makes me wonder about the condition underside.... is it rusted out like the rad support?

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Prince Edward Island wouldn't be that bad as they have a bridge, we don't ( wrong coast, KK ;) )
    And yes it would be spendy, shipping off my island costs scared a couple members away when I had my old blue for sale

9. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Yikes! I just moved a whole island 4,000 miles......:1st:

10. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

The Body mounts make me wonder, the seller says they are going off their fathers old notes, it is possible to change most of the body mounts without removing the body from the frame, Loosen them all, remove one sides bolts, jack the car body up an inch or so, replace those mounts reinstall bolts loosely, lower body, repeat.

I have done it a couple of times, not an issue as long as the captured nuts are not corroded onto the body bolts & Spin.

I suspect the Core support is rusted thru from battery acid, seen it many times.

But I would ask for pictures of the core support rust before making the drive.

The pictures are nice, but do not really show the most common issue's like the tailgate alignment, drivers seat condition, spare tire well condition ect....

11. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I am assuming the nuts will just spin, but living in Michigan for the last 30+ years will do that to someone. Whenever I come across a car job that requires dropping or partially removing any type of frame or subframe fasteners I pass if I know the car has been here its entire life.

12. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

I’ve taken the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles Washington and it was pretty easy. This was heck 25 years ago and we were driving a push start only manual trans VW Vanagon! So if someone from the U.S. should purchase this wagon, I’d recommend bringing it across that way with the correct paperwork etc. for U.S. customs. You might even go through Customs first on the Canadian side which would be best anyway. Victoria is one of the most beautiful places in Canada to see so worth a trip!

13. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The body mounts on these big wagons aren't hard to replace one at a time as I've done a few on mine. Despite being a southern car with a bit of surface rust, nothing spun or broke a cage nut but I'd still be wary on this car from the great white north.

The tailgate looks level from the 2 photos, but it's not fully extended up either and that's what always worries me because there's 2 ways it can not be fully up and a broken tailgate is one of them. Looking at the dog legs and lower door jambs it seems the car is either decently lacking in rust or it's been sufficiently covered to be hidden. No engine picture or undercarriage is concerning, but the guy may very well not know enough about selling cars to think to include them. I wouldn't think he's trying to hide anything otherwise he'd not have mentioned the rotten core support and body mounts. If I were in the market I'd definitely ask to see them before buying.