Talk me off the ledge

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Grizz, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I didn't notice anything racist and in my world I'm color blind. The only thing I saw off color was the mention of some 6'7" white guy. Long ago I wa 6' tall. I got shorter and most of my sons are over 6'. Maybe a few 6'7". Like Honest Abe, they keep gettin taller.

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  2. CustomCruiser90

CustomCruiser90 Well-Known Member

I'm sure sorry you got sucked into that mess with the '56 Windsor. I swapped a decent '85 Toronado Caliente for a '66 Chrysler Newport 4 door sedan. I'm making the story really simple. When I made the verbal deal, I remembered that Newport when I saw it first in the mid '70's when Bob C., son of the original owner had it. We took a trip to Key West in it around 1975. Years later, Larry J. bought the thing, painted it, charged the air conditioner, and drove it for a year or so. Looked good then too, and when I saw it the day I made the deal----I should have had my head examined. It had been mired in the back yard for more than four years, rust around the tail lights, etc. When I sold it later, I only got $300 of my $400 asking price. The guy claimed I only asked 3. Just wanted it gone, so I sold it for that. A few months later, surprise, surprise, there it sat across the street from a body shop, fresh body work and paint. He'd lied to me about wanting the thing so bad, and had to have his brother help him get it.

Attached Files:

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The like goes to the one who brought us onto the eighth page
    I keep putting that off. Life's not as fun, after getting one's head done. It must be something in that candy they give you

CustomCruiser90 likes this.
  4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I just noticed, Bruce has an ad on here...I wasn't aware of that. Interesting, though, that he did not come on here to defend himself, he only went over to HAMB to tell his side.

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Interesting.

6. OrthmannJ

While I didn't feel that the post was racist, I do agree that this forum isn't a place for anything that could be misconstrued as such. I have always found it very welcoming. Lets keep it that way.

ModelT1, Grizz and CustomCruiser90 like this.
  7. CustomCruiser90

CustomCruiser90 Well-Known Member

I have to tread lightly on my own Facebook page, people these days live to be offended, it seems. I run two stereo groups on Facebook, I have one man who is right 100% of the time when in reality he's only right about 70%. He's a retired dealer. I'm sure Mr. '56 Windsor is one of them. The man could have made a phone call to back out of the deal, instead of Grizz having to drive up for nothing. An apology for having wasted his time was in order too.

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  8. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I haven’t seen it. I won’t get on his ad and bad mouth him:whistle:I did tell him about this forum as we were discussing “the hamb”.That’s where i first found out about the car. It’s a nice car. I was just really into the spitfire poly motor even though it needed major work. The body is straight and complete but looks like it was painted with out proper prep work. Interior is completely shot, but all original. Basically it looks good going down the road. I think he’s asking $6000. If i had the money and was shopping I’d maybe give half of that but that’s because I’m a cheapskate. Although I’m still bitter about my time and money being wasted, I’m glad i still have the wagon. I had to pull it out of the basement last night to get the bike i just finished up out on the road. I drove the wagon to the gas station for some fresh fuel as it had been sitting awhile and i was greeted by the locals that hang out at the station. They all call me “griswold” or “Clark!” I showed them pics of the Chrysler and told them about the ordeal. They laughed and pointed out that the car was just a 4 door beater from 1956 with PINK stripes.(i liked the pink but i didn’t tell them that..) One said he thought it was his grandmas old car. Another One said the only reason they even talk to me is because of my wagon. I think that’s a compliment? They all drive jacked up trucks so they’re taste is a little different from mine but I’ll take all the compliments i can get!!!:thumbs2:8 pages of mostly nonsense!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    ModelT1 likes this.
  9. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Here’s a funny joke involving race. A black person, a white person, and a Latino person all walk into a bar. They all buy each other beer, tell jokes, laugh and have a great time because that’s what happens when your not an A-hole:bouncy:

10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    It was only one person out of the entire forum who misconstrued something he thought was racist, because Grizz described the color of his own butt. Should he had gotten out a can of green paint and painted his butt with it, before describing to us his butt color? Well, then again, we don't want to offend Martians. Do we. We can't let a minority of inflated fantasy-afflicted monument topplers dictate to the silent majority:

ModelT1 likes this.
  11. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    OMG................The size, shape, and color of a man's butt does not normally bother me, unless it's directly in line with my face as it emmits a gassy compound. Yet I find this video offensive. They used an English girl to speak Engish and explain why I get offended. But, I got over it!

Other than that, I rarely get offended. Yes some political junk and racial comments do offend me. But being a retarded, old white, non-educated American from the midwest, I've seen and heard it all and still manage to have friends, a family, and haven't been beat senseless or murdered yet.

As for the failed car-wagon trade, I happen to barely know both persons and from what I've learned one is a quiet easy going hillbilly friend who loves mostly older station wagons and seems honest.
    The other, a fairly tall, also white, redneck who loves fun, beer drinking, and raising hell now and then.
    Basically much alike and men who I'm proud to call internet friends.

What amazes me is in this great big universe where I get around only a little, I seem to run across other humans who I know in some round about way. Often they are friends or relatives of others I may know from this internet place, a corner bar, or even at a car event.
    That's why I repeat, I am just an average person with a few average hobbies, making friends and killing time while trying to be honest and not too irritating.
    In this complicated process, I am only occasionally on a few car forums and try to wander the web learning things I was never taught in school or things momma didn't want me to know.

In reality, I may occasionally be offended, upset, or wet my pants giggling. Yet so far I've always gotten over it and come back for more. Hopefully no member will actually jump off a ledge or remain offended.

Grizz and Poison_Ivy like this.
  12. OrthmannJ

Preciesly.
    Did you read my post?

I am not a "P.C." person. I am not suggesting anything close to what you are insinuating. I suppose that the way I wrote it could have lead you to take it that way. My apologies.

However, it is my opinion that this forum is not the place for anything that can be misconstrued as racist. That is the point I was attempting to make.

As a person who expresses your opinion unabashedly on this forum, I would tend to think that you would be OK with me expressing mine Sir.

CustomCruiser90 and ModelT1 like this.
  13. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    :nohijacking:Altho a few members wander off topic now and then, I hope we don't get carried away. Station wagons and older cars are our primary reason for being here.:respect:

14. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Of course. This is a discussion forum. Isn't it? Why else is there a First Amendment? I would tend to think that you would be OK with me expressing mine also. I'm only playing the role of an expression police policeman, when I'm not playing the role of a hobby attorney
    I've heard it said, "Don't knock it, until you try it". But, there are simply some things which are beyond my scope of curiosity. Tell us more, Sir. How bad was it, then?

ModelT1 likes this.
  15. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Eh,eh, heeemm!! Excuse me! On with the show! Back to me! (And maybe) Page 9! I been in contact with this person. They want $2000 i think? Take a guess what it is! I’m not really too interested. It is cool though and worth a gander. Supposed to have everything there and organized quite nicely. It’s about 40 minutes from me so I’ll go Saturday before the big swap meet! (Hopefully)looks like an extra block? Some chrome strips? Wonder what’s in all those Manila envelopes?! It’s killing me! Stay tuned for page 9!

Attached Files: