'91 Jeep Comanche (Crew Cab) $6,000

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by Krash Kadillak, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Kinda different. I like it. Seems like a reasonable price, too.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5417975914.html

Ad text:
    1991 Comanche crew cab - $6000 (Longview wa)

I have a custom 1991 jeep Comanche 4 door crew cab. It runs and drives straight, 6.5 inch lift with nice 17 inch rims and almost new Toyo MT tires. It's got the 4.0l high output motor with auto tranny, shifts smooth. Fun rig just not really for me and would rather put the money into my other truck.
    Clean title in hand.

Looking to get $6000 OBO cash only NO TRADES. Text me or email me, text is better though, with any questions or to come see it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

It does look well done, without seeing it in person that is. And the asking price isn't bad either

3. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

Yah, too bad about the rims though.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Would be my first change as well. Certainly not a deal-breaker, though. And I bet I would end up with cash in pocket, too, because the ones I would want are sure to be less expensive.

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I always like to see this type of custom build. I may be the only one, but often I'll look at a vehicle and think "wouldn't it be cool to se that in a 4 door version" or visa versa. It's neat to see something that I've wondered about in the flesh.

This particular truck is definitely unique. I think the back of the cab is a little strange, but that's my opinion.
    There is a truck similar to this in Walla Walla that I have seen a number of times in person and it has a more "factory" look at the back of the cab.

Either way, it's a neat rig, I am sure some one will purchase it and enjoy it.

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I wouldn't buy it. Who knows what had to be done to accomplish the job. A full safety inspection (which might require the removal of the body/bed to accomplish it) would have to be done, and it may still not be insurable under standard surety. If he does have it insured, does the company know it's modified and required welding two chassis together to accomplish the project? I wouldn't buy it, and neither should anyone else.

7. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    If I were interested I'd look in, under, and all over it then get someone who knows about conversions to do the same. Then I'd get rid of those wheels and get something closer to stock for that model.
    If it wasn't a world away and the price were $5000 I'd get even more interested.

Wait , I need that like another body ache.

8. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Geez, guys, not every modified vehicle is a damn deathtrap! Like with ANY vehicle purchase, a smart buyer is going to perform his due diligence and either have a PPI performed, or personally inspect and drive the vehicle himself.

I like this truck, personally. I'm no big fan of the wheels, but a LOT of people are, so they'd be a pretty simple resell in order to go with wheels that I would want.

ModelT1 and OrthmannJ like this.
  9. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I decided I don't need a truck. But this one would sure turn heads down here among all the jacked up front end Pit Bull dog carrying trucks on the road.
    I'm sure a dozen kids would be all over those wheels.