intro

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Bill Howell, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Bill Howell

Bill Howell New Member

Well, I feel like I am in second grade and sent to the principles office...
    Hi, My name is Bill, I am a car guy and I am 56 years old.
    I have posted today elsewhere and now posting here so you will know something about me.
    I am in the market for a wagon.
    I have built two pretty cool cars since 2005. If you google Bill Howell 1965 GTO or Bill Howell 1972 charger you will see what I like. My charger was on American Top Gear, driven by Rutledge Wood.
    If you ever watched a TV show on Speed called R U Faster Than a Redneck, I am the guy with the straw hat.
    I want a wagon to do some cruising and road trips.
    I am currently building a 1972 cutlass with new suspension, brakes, LS2/ZF tranny.
    I do auto crossing with my cars, but seriously doubt I will do that with a wagon, though my buddy has a cool wagon recently seen in a magazine.
    I live in Pigeon Forge, Tn, so if you come here for rod runs, you have probably seen me on a golf cart, making the cops mad because it is street legal and they can't ticket me.
    OK, enough about me, thanks for the welcome. :D

2. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Bill! Sounds like you built some very cool cars, after you find your wagon keep us posted on your build of it.

Beautiful Charger and GTO by the way.(y)

Dennis

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  3. Bill Howell

Bill Howell New Member

Thanks Dennis. Right now my concentration is on the cutlass I am building but I am always looking for a wagon. I think they make great tow vehicles and just cool and different. My dream car would be a Oldsmobile custom cruiser, 71-76, but others intrigue me too. The Mercury Wagon thread I posted a response in looks like a great car, just a long way from Tennessee. The right one will come along, I am in no hurry.

4. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    From Memphis to Bristol is ah long way too Bill. Don't be afraid to broaden your horizons. Theirs ah ton of neat Long Roof scattered from Bellingham to Homested and yeah can't put ah price on road trips yeah know? :Welcome: to the party BTW,:cheers: Jer

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Bill go sit in the corner and think about this wagon thing a little longer. Well maybe not too long considering when you joined this group.
    With some good luck and a few road trips you should be able to find a nice one to play with.
    Anyone who builds fun cars and makes the cops mad can't be all bad. Welcome.:Welcome:

6. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome Bill!

7. Bill Howell

Bill Howell New Member

LOL Guys, I think you may have the wrong impression about me. I am the poster child of road trips etc. My signature usually has this quote... "Trailers are for boats". I have driven the charger to SEMA twice, sat on the floor for a week then raced it at OUSCI and then drove it back home. We drive to several events annually, race and drive home. I do put on autocross events all over the country and think a wagon used as a tow vehicle would be much more impressive when I show up than my ford dually. I love road trips, but would be a bit leery to fly to cali and drive back a car that has sat for a few years, breaking down in an unfamiliar car is no fun either, been there done that.
    If, however, I do find something I trust, I am certainly on board with flying out and driving it home. I flew to Chicago a few years back, bought a 1972 AMC Hornet and drove it home, sight unseen. Fun times.

8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    With some good luck and a few road trips you should be able to find a nice one to play with.
    See I had that figured out. Maybe if we knew what part of the world you live in it may help narrow down finding you a wagon as a tow vehicle.
    I'm also rethinking this station wagon thing. After we move we won't need a quad cab truck anymore and I hate the new generic computer cars. A decent wagon that I can use as a family vehicle for rain, snow, sleet, and hell would be nice. Yes I checked my spelling.
    Again, good luck.

9. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    AH-HAH, I think we've made contact:bowdown::dance:. Now Bill, get out there and find your dream Long Roof. It's only $ and If she's anything like mine, if you go first it'll be Funeral at 10:00 Auction at 2:00 beer and sandwiches for all:dance: I'm sure you'll find happiness somewhere between 8 and 28 MPG :rofl2::cheers:, Jer

10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    8 and 28 MPG :rofl2::cheers:

Good average.:drink:

11. Bill Howell

Bill Howell New Member

Pigeon Forge, but have cash will travel. :)

12. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    There's a little road there near where Dolly Parton grew up with my name.

13. Longroof79

Longroof79 Well-Known Member

:Welcome: aboard Bill!
    Sounds like you've built some cool rides. I'm sure you'll have some cool ideas for a wagon build.
    Any particular type or years you're looking for?

Jack

14. Bill Howell

Bill Howell New Member

71-76 Custom Cruiser or Estate Wagon. Must be 455. I might consider a 65-67 Pontiac big wagon.
    I found a very cool 73 vista cruiser in Fl, if fact it is in one of the craigslist ads here, but I think I want a bigger wagon.

15. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Bill. We have met before at RTTS1. I was the one with the Black wagon. Good times. Welcome to the forum.