1979 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Jul 13, 2014.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. mashaffer

mashaffer New Member

Wagon Garage:
    purty!!!!

mike

3. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't see how anyone can complain about the seller not having included enough pics on this listing. I don't remember ever having seen this many on craigslist before. He also seems to be very honest about the condition.

I think the asking price is a little high considering the work that still needs to be done --granted they're pretty minor, but there are several, and they may take a few bucks to correct if you can't do the work yourself -- and considering the possibility that the "minor rust spot" might easily be a sign of more extensive rot (that's always turned out to be the case with every car I've owned).

Condition-wise, I'd say something in the $4500 - $5000 (depending on how bad the rust really is) range. The ultra-low odometer reading might push it up a bit, if it's accurate, but I don't think to quite as high a level as the asking price.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Reading the ad text on this one, I'm getting a weird feeling. Text makes it sound like he's a 'collector' and just wants to clear out room for something else, but the little bits about stuff needing to be done to it kinda sounds like he's just a flipper.

Anyone remember this one from prior listings? I did a search but couldn't find one.

5. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Has someone complained?

6. jwdtenn

Isn't it? :tiphat:

7. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    a green one in as nice or better shape sold here in the San Diego area about 5 months ago for $5499.00, just fyi

8. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's just a common complaint I see regarding online listings, especially on craigslist. I think it does have some validity. Most craigslist ads I see have 1 - 3 pictures; some have none at all. I was just noting that this particular ad most emphatically does not suffer from that shortcoming.

9. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

I agree completely, and I'm one of the loudest complainers. But I didn't see any complaints about this particular ad, so I wondered exactly what you were railing against. :)

10. rustydart65

rustydart65 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, thats my car!~

This is my wagon for sale and anyone needing other info or pics of any part of the car is welcome to have it. Please contact me via that add and I will accommodate. I will assist anyway I can in shipping arrangements as well. Offers within reason will be considered. Unfortunately it will probably make it to Feebay fairly soon as I need the room. Thanks and have a wonderful week.

BTW this car is extremely solid and was undercoated by Ziebart or equivalent very early in life which has saved the undercarriage. The only rust through is on that spot pictured. I will take pics of any and all know flaws. I don't misrepresent cars.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4566490859.html

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  11. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for stopping in and providing additional information......

12. jwdtenn

Still apparently available.

[​IMG]

13. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

I always thought this was one of Chrysler's nicest looking wagons ever. The wood treatment was very classy; it was my favorite car to sell out of the entire Chrysler Plymouth line back then.

14. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    One of the problem areas on these is the wide woodgrain rail trim around the Di-Noc. As you can see from the pics, it tends to get sun-bleached over time,

Here's how it's supposed to look - kind of a 'honey-blonde oak finish (a bit yellow-ish):
    [​IMG]

I wonder if anyone has developed a 'fix' for restoring the finish (they are plastic pieces)?

15. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    That trim was the primary reason I got rid of my '80 T&C wagon several years ago. The trim had disintegrated from sun exposure, and what few replacement trim pieces I found were all made of unobtainium. The seller of the FOUR pieces I found wanted $500 USD for those together. Hell, I paid $300 for the complete, running car!

I want another, but only if ALL of the pieces are good. This KS black car looks pretty damn nice, but I'd have to sell one of my cars to get this.