So many sirens...

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by fannie, Aug 2, 2012.

1. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Post deleted...Well, I guess I should read the entire thread before posting something silly, because this actually isn't a joking matter. Sorry for my goof.

David :oops:

2. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Good grief, Fannie. Not another one! This is terrible! Prayers and best wishes headed your way. What is going on down there? This is way too many serious fires for such a small place. I hope the Fire Marshall is looking into this carefully. Glad you are alright, but you must be nervous every time there is a siren, even in the distance. Good luck, and let us know is there is anything can be done to help. HUGS

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Fannie that's just too many sirens. What's up this time? :confused:
    Be careful!

4. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The RCMP have secured the yard and are on site around the clock. This has to be arson! Charges have been laid in the machine shop fire and also a house fire that followed the BJ Electric fire.
    The fellow that was charged is a local person who is a past employee of BJ Electric. He apparently has intellectual issues, Billy had hired him twice and had sent him on training course trying to help him out but I guess it didn't.

So when we are standing there with the neighbours watching the fire, fire trucks are still screaming into town, we see three firefights carrying a hose walking between two mobile homes. The hose got stuck and hauled them back, they stopped, one went back to free it. Then there is an explosion, huge fireball goes up, probably propane tanks. If the hose hadn't gotten stuck those three would have been very close to that explosion...scary!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...tewiacke-home-hardware-for-2nd-time-1.2286507

Something has to be done, this has to stop.
    No one was hurt, the building I'm sure is covered. But Halloween night is only two nights away and this is really making everyone nervous. I'm sure there will be a large police presents in town and the weather is calling for rain later in the evening.

5. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks Fannie. This is getting scary. Hope they found out who is causing all of these problems and gets him/her off the streets.

6. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

^^^ Ditto! ^^^

7. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is just unreal...I'm speechless. Sending prayers your way though. :grouphug:

8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Not sure what goof your talking about but we all have said something silly cause that's who we are on here. Fun folks who care about each others feelings and issues we are dealing with. And coming from you I'm sure it was nothing that was intended in a harmful way. :)

I'm stopping at the fire hall and hardware store on my way to work to drop off cards of thanks and encouragement for doing what they both do every day and don't think to do anything differently.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Sheeeze fannie, just brutal...again, again, and again:banghead3: Home town behind the barn justice should be the trial to the "alleged" disgruntled employee .............

:2cents:

10. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Crazy stuff Fannie, I will send good energy and prayers your way, I hope everyone is safe tomorrow night. Good luck!
    ;)

11. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks guys I think everyone is a little worried about Halloween. Mom gets back from England tomorrow evening @8:00 so I'll have to leave here about 7:15. Wasn't crazy about leaving the house empty but hubby doesn't have to work know so he'll be home. :whew:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  12. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

This will end soon, rest assured. After this third time I have to agree that this isn't just some accident, but that some one or more is doing this. Scary stuff. Glad their hose got stuck. Thats a good example of why firefighting is so dangerous. You never know when a wall is gonna fall, ceiling collapses, or something is going to blow. Respect to them. Prayers and positivity flying your way. Be safe!

13. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks X.

Halloween went very well it was busy on our street, when I stepped out for a look around about 7:00ish the street was full of parents and kids chatting and enjoying the evening, it was heart warming to see so many folks out. We don't usually see this many people on our street, it was a nice evening.
    Mom is home save and sound, she had a great time visiting her family. Glad she's back home but really glad she went.

14. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I miss the trick or treaters!:(
    We lived 30 years at the end of a block long cul-de-sac. When our kids and the few neighbor kids were young we had tricker treaters. But the next 20 years there and the past 19 years here on a dark spooky dead end road we've had no one.
    Wonder if the Pit Bulls I rent and the wild sounds that randomly come from hidden speakers has anything to do with it? Or the fact that all the neighbors at the end of those streets lied and told the kids I was a Vampire? :evilsmile:

15. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Fannie was there another major fire in your town last night saw something on facebook.