The end is near?

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Jim 68cuda, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm staying away from the squirrel/hamster thing. REV does know where I live after all..............:hide:

2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG] THE END IS NEAR !

[​IMG]

3. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    I truly believe that the end is near, the end of green grass for me. :slap: :cry::cry::cry:

Friday Daytime

Overcast with snow. Fog early. High of 34F with a windchill as low as 14F. Breezy. Winds from the WSW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
    Friday Night

Overcast with snow, then a chance of snow and rain showers after midnight. Fog overnight. Low of 23F with a windchill as low as 12F. Windy. Winds from the WNW at 25 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80% with accumulations up to 10 in. possible.

4. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sounds damn cold Scott, it was 18 degrees here this morning, good thing I brought in the brass monkeys last night.

5. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
  6. jrwscout

jrwscout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    We're supposed to get our first snow tonight and tomorrow. We have a local contest to guess when the first inch of snow will fall - the winner gets a $5000 diamond. I predicted the 21st; looks like it will hit on the 20th. The first snowfall is always good for lots of wrecks - we haven't had any real snow for almost 2 years so there will be lots of folks trying to remember how to drive in the snow. My AWD Pilot does really well in the snow - just have to dodge the out of control drivers. There's a hill with a stoplight at the bottom by my work where they stack up real nice when it snows.

7. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

It's a good start for the end of the world here, today...... this AM's news..... Crest of Malahat hyw all messed up with snow, but it's not the snow stoping traffic, it's all the morons slipping and sliding of the road because they don't have snow tires stopping people with proper tires.

Windy! Had a few gusts over 110KMP = apx 65MPH, and it's still blowing like crazy.

7AM ferrie sailing cancelled....then the 9, then the 11, then the 1pm.......

RAIN!, holly crap is it coming down, and side ways because of the wind. Dark as nite out side.

I left for town at 8AM, couldn't see a dam thing and got blown all over the hyw both ways......

End of the world?...Nah, just a mild winter day on the island:rofl:

9. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

I ended up talking to a UPS guy yesterday. Nice guy. I told him as he was leaving to stay warm and replied that he liked the cold. I like this guy. I told him I was looking forward to the snow. Aside from the astonishing two feet of blizzard snow that hit Joplin February 2011 I haven't had a desent snow since 2000. Southwest Missouri doesn't get what I feel are proper winters for me. I swear that the southwest MO climate followed us up here this last summer and because of it Chicago has broken many records. Including one about lacking snowfall. But lo and behold... I told the UPS guy that it was supposed to snow in Chicago on Apocalypse Day! Basically, Hell is coming and it's gonna freeze over! :biglaugh:

10. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I truly believe that the end is near, the end of green grass for me.
    Well Blackfoot, I don't really care if the green grass gets brown or covered with snow. Just as long as I'm still looking from the top!

I do understand the changing weather. It didn't quiet make it to 80 today. :jumping::evilsmile:
    But I'm sure you remember Gainesville and Trenton. It gets chilly around these parts. Even over here near the river.

11. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

I haven't had snow before Christmas since I was very little. I have been praying for a white Christmas for years and even more so since we moved to Chicago. It looks like my wish will finally be granted.

Just in case the world explodes tonight I just want to wish you all a HAPPY APOCALYPSE DAY, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years!

12. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Xav - enjoy the snow, you'll certainly have your white Christmas wish given what I've seen on the weather forecasts today.

As for the end of the world - can't happen. I do not have my wagon repaired yet and in the over all scheme of things the world cannot end until several moments after I put the last wrench down and think "it's done, now I can drive it again"!

13. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

We will see ya tommow X, :xmas:

By the way, so what time zone does the end of the world happen in???? Has to be dooms day some where by now..?
    :rofl2:

14. Eagle Freek

Eagle Freek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Seeing as we are on eastern standard time I'm going to bed early. I don't want to see the end arrive. :banghead3: