Whats kept me away.

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by FordWagonNut1979, Mar 6, 2012.

1. FordWagonNut1979

FordWagonNut1979 New Member

So I sold the Mustang. My Eleanor had been hit for the 5th time, this time a hit and run at the Wally World parking lot. I bought it brand new in Aug of 2004 just a few days before college. One of the best cars I have ever owned. But it seemed to have a painted on target, anything that hit me was an Asian car/truck model and always someone busy doing something else other than driving. So I went back to the tried and true full frame, RWD, V-8 powered sedans I know and love. This time I went with a 1995 Buick Roadmaster sedan.

Old George (the original owners name) has 87k on the clock, NO rust, trailer tow package, limited slip, leather, and still smells brand new. WOW, that LT1 has an addiction to it all on its own. Once you drive one, you will understand these road kings are very much a sleeper. I did want a wagon but could not find a clean one locally in the time I needed one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Congrats on the new ride, it looks real sharp:tiphat:

3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry to hear about your Eleanor, some cars do seem to have those invisible targets on them. New ride looks great...those seats look like pillows. ;)

4. jrwscout

jrwscout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice score! Looks super clean and you're right about the LT1, plus they're very responsive to performance mods. I've had two Vettes with that engine and had a lot of fun with them. Sorry to hear about Eleanor - let's hope the Roadmaster changes your luck.

5. FordWagonNut1979

FT: Thank you! It's one clean example that was well maintained and loved. However I am trying to find something to cover the rear seat from Wes. Dogs, esp GSD nails don't go along well together on leather. :cry:

fannie: Yup, old Eleanor made it all four years of college with out one ding, scratch or any major issue. I graduated in '08 and it ALL went down hill from there! :banghead3:

jrwscout: I love the look my friends give me when I tell them what I bought "you gota wha? Ya know thats an old peoples car". My response "Heck, you know what I already have, two '70s station wagons. Besides, this big ol battle cruiser can wipe out Veeeeee techs and Yotas, yet not spilling any of your soda on your lap" :biglaugh:

6. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    NICE Buick!! Have you thought about a think blanket to protect the back seats? I use an old comforter ("bed in a bag" style) in the back of my wagon whenever I cart around my two K-9's. Works great and slips easily under the floor board when I don't need it.
    Congrats on your new ride! :banana:

7. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    A Mustang to a Roadmaster, you sure are moving up in the world, so much for baby steps, you did an Olympic Log Jump with this one! Nice ride, figuratively and literally!

8. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry about your stang, wagnut.:( But that Buick is a beauty! Good score.:yup: It looks in excellent shape and knowing what a good eye you have I'll bet it's perfect. They are great cars and greatly overlooked.

9. FordWagonNut1979

SF: I am to. She was a grand car in her own right. I remember laughing at myself, wondering what the hell did I just do. Buying a brand new car just BEFORE college. Well it worked out for the best thanks to having a career before Western IL. She will not be the last Mustang I own.

Blackfoot: Well I have been wanting a wagon with the LT1 for a LONG time. besides that, being out of work, selling the Pony was my only choice for getting my "wisdom" teeth pulled. She will not be the last Mustang I will have in the fleet. I'm a die hard RWD car driver. Been a Volvo/BMW/Subaru tech for years.......HATE FWD with a passion, its engineered by the devil. :rofl2:

Glide-Aways: That is what I was kinda thinking. Using the elastic band around the bottom and tops of the seats, snugging it in. I don't think anyone ever used the back seat. BTW: I have always liked your avitar. I would LOVE a clam shell to add to the fleet.

10. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Nice lookin ride and love the interior. Why do those tags remind me of back home?

11. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    That is a beautiful Roadmaster. I've actually been considering one of those (I need another car like a hole in the head) They're wonderful, properly-powered, and well-built machines. You'll get many years of performance and enjoyment out of it, I'm sure! Congrats!

12. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Buicks are just one of those cars I have great respect for. My parents owned a few when I was growing up and each one more than paid for itself. Sorry to hear about the mustang bad doubly glad to hear about your Buick. (y)

13. Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight New Member

Wagon Garage:
    X2! FWD :naughty:

14. FordWagonNut1979

CatModelT: Your not missing much up here anymore. Our home lost half its value, companies are moving out of state by bulk and I JUST found a job, again!

CapriceEstate: George is the last of its kind. I now know why there is such a love and following for these cars. It truly is a "gentle giant". Next in line to be a daily driver, '03 to '11 Lincoln Town Car. Drove a few for limo driving in college and had a '96 TC before the Mustang. What a fine automobile they are.

Xavier: Once people get ahold of these things, they never really let them go. It crushed my heart coming out to find the qrt panel pushed in. :49:
    Eleanor never did anything wrong to me, meet a LOT of girls in college because of her too!

Olds Weighty Eight: Makes me wonder what the livery companies are going to do without the Panther platform. The limo company would not even think of getting a FWD Cadillac due to the shorter life span for service duty.

15. ambulet

ambulet Member

Nothing on body on frame RWD. Have a 2003 Merc Grand Marquis for the same reason. Really nice Buick there, I see it will live in a garage. Will last forever.. Good luck.