Coming soon to a used car lot near you

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by tailwagon, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tailwagon

tailwagon New Member

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG]

CTS-V Sport Wagon

2011 Cadillac CTS-V SportwagonThe Sport Wagon variant of the CTS-V was introduced at the 2010 New York International Auto Show in late March. When asked in 2009 about the possibility of a CTS-V wagon, GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz replied, "... should sufficient demand materialize, there is no reason why we couldn't do a V-Series wagon, and I would be standing in line for one, just ahead of you." ] GM has satisfied expectations of such a model, with production starting in late 2010, as a 2011 model. The CTS-V wagon shares the 556 hp (415 kW) engine of the CTS-V sedan and coupe, with an automatic or manual 6-speed transmission. It adds Magnetic Ride Control, Brembo brakes, 19 inch aluminum wheels and performance tires, and a dual-airflow grille like the sedan and coupe.

Everything's bigger in Texas, and it appears everything's faster, too.

John Hennessey and his company, Hennessey Performance, brought its tuned up Cadillac CTS-V wagon to the Texas Mile and posted a one-mile speed of 189.7 mph, a new record for the car.

And that wasn't even terminal velocity, according to Hennessey. On a longer run the wagon can hit 211 mph. The company is quick to point out, however, that the record was broken with a six-speed manual transmission, running on a prepped track with optional drag radial tires. Impressive nonetheless. Same goes for the 0-to-60-mph time of 3.2 seconds and a quarter-mile in 10.9 seconds.

Stay sleepless thinking about this sleeper.
    Wagon Ho!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. Wagooon

Wagooon Aussie wagoneer Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    :ttiwwp:

Can not wait for this one.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    But can you haul plywood and cement blocks in the rear? The largest dog you could get in there is a toy poodle!:slap:

5. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Pretty :thumbs2:

6. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    This is another case proving that is NOT a station wagon! Station wagons and motorcycles are NOT pretty !:slap:

7. tailwagon

tailwagon New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Don't mind?

But can you haul plywood and cement blocks in the rear? The largest dog you could get in there is a toy poodle!

I doubt you would mind making several trips.

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Yup, I wood...................:rofl2::rofl2::tiphat:

9. tailwagon

tailwagon New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Too many poodles?

Along with ample power is unrivaled versatility. Rear seats fold flat, creating more than 58 cubic feet of cargo storage. Floor rails are fitted with attachment points for tie-downs. Also included is an under-floor cargo storage compartment for dog food.

10. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cool car, but I see this as a hatchback sedan.

11. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

x2

It violates my controversial and much debated rule of thirds.:D

[​IMG]

Who's going to spend that much for a car and then try to save some bucks by hauling around plywood and block in it? That's about as cool as trying to flirt with the chicks looking at your cool car in the car next to you at a light while you still have the baby seat in the back. Rent the Home Despot truck for that or have it delivered.;) Need that compartment to hide the dog food, see what a bag goes for anymore? I'm going to starve to death if it goes any higher.
    My brother has a CTS and some lady backed into the right rear corner in a parking lot a couple of weeks ago, just tapped it. The deal that cinches the belts in a crash went kaput or something and the car wouldn't go after the hit because of it and had to be towed. It's sitting in the body shop lot waiting for parts and he has to drive a beater Toyota loaner with bad tires in the snow.:D
    Only 9000 dollars damage.:cry:

12. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Only 9000 dollars damage

Your brother could buy two or three real older station wagons for that and still haul dog food---plus a few dogs.
    You are correct, if I could afford one of those fancy new wagons (?) I'd hire someone else to buy, haul. and install my wood and blocks.

13. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    If I could afford to buy one of these, I wouldn't buy one, I would use the wasted money to buy one or even a couple of my dream cars i.e. 68 GTO w/502 BBC, S-15 Syclone, 70 Chevelle SS LS6 454, 87 GNX Grand National. I would be sure to buy my dad his 57 Chevy hard top, even if it cost me all the money it would take to buy that new POS Caddy, its the least I could do for him.

14. PassatMama

PassatMama When is a wagon not a wagon?

Wagon Garage:
    It looks like something a rapper would drive! IMO any self respecting station wagon should be up to the task of hauling kids, dawgs, and a kayak on top. This car looks like it is better off on the Vegas Strip than the Strip Mall.

15. Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow! One of the coolest wagons to come out of Detroit and it's being disparaged on a station wagon enthusiast site! Really? Why is it OK for Mercedes & BMW to offer sport wagons and Volvo to offer turbo wagons but Cadillac's effort doesn't pass muster?