1986 Colony Park - $800

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by CapriceEstate, Jun 13, 2011.

  1. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    I looked at this car in person. Not to shabby. No roof rack, bad fuel pump. Same guy I bought my CP from. I'd have taken this one home too, but I have no place to go with it. I know he'll move pretty good on the price, as he did on mine. From what he tells me, it just needs a fuel pump and she'll run again, but that's just what he says.

    http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2357949097.html

    1986 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon, 302 V8, 146k miles, last ran in 2007, has a bad fuel pump. nice solid car, good interior, $800, call 608-547-zero-six-two-zero.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for posting. That might be something for us, perfect year. Can he make more pictures? Does the bodywork look good? Does it need a respray? Does it have the same blue interior like mine:
    [​IMG]
    A pity you cannot listen to the engine, how it sounds, smokes etc.
     
  3. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    Do you think he is willing/able to install a new fuel pump? The costs will be mine if the price is fair. I consider them as car inspection costs, I would like to be sure that the car is running ok.
    Is the front bumper in good condition?
     
  4. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    I will send an email with these questions to the seller directly. It will be night in the US so I will not call him now.
     
  5. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    I asked him for more pictures before I bought mine and he sent me more, he also got back to me via e-mail fairly quickly. Decent guy to work with. If you're willing to eat the costs, he will probably work with you, judging by my experiences with him.

     
  6. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    He has answered my email and will send me pics tonight.
    I like the alloy turbine wheels better. I have two good ones left. Any idea where I can find good ones (and hubcaps)?
     
  7. BPinsent

    BPinsent Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    92
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Ontario,Canada
    sounds like the search is heating up, good luck.
     
  8. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    The turbines, at least around here, aren't terribly hard to come by. A lot of Marquis owners are putting rims on them, and there is a fair share of these sitting in the salvage yards.
     
  9. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Does this car have blue leather? And....is it a Wisconsin car?? 800 bucks is cheap. Just wondering why? I'd like to see this car. Is it in Portage, Tom?
     
  10. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    It's on Highway 23 in Friendship. I don't remember the interior color, but when I looked at it, briefly, it looked nice, overall. It actually looked cleaner than mine from what I saw, minus the rims.

     
  11. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Sitting in the grass? For 4 years? I don't like a grass sitting car but Ina is the decision maker.
    So...if I drive up 23 will I be sure to see it in Friendship?
     
  12. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    It's on 13, not 23, I've got my numbers mixed up!! From Portage, I took I39, to near Coloma, got off on 21, then took a left on 13. It was on the left hand side of the road. He had a Jeep and a 65 or so Mustang sitting by the road for sale.


     
  13. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I don't know what your hours are but I would be happy to pick you up if you want to take a ride up there......
     
  14. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    I work second shift during the week.

     
  15. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    The seller, Matt, sent me pix. I think it needs too much work. We do not mind a bit of work but it will be our daily driver. This will take months and months. Maybe we are spoiled, our cp was a clean Californian car; we needed a magnifier to find rust. It just needed a respray because the paint was dull and new vinyl. And some technical stuff, like exhaust etc but nothing major.
    We would rather spend more money on a better car. You know, we have to add shipping costs (approx $1500 in total).
    So I think we have to look further...
    By the way, I do appreciate the seller for sending these pix. Actually I was expecting this because the price is so low. If I would live in Wisconsin I would buy the car for spares.
     

Share This Page