Our mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park is ready!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by meulmani, May 31, 2011.

  1. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    ... at last...

    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park

    New paint, new woodgrain, new (custom made) double exhaust (side) pipes (cherry bomb mufflers), LPG tanks, some other technical things...

    We ordered woodgrain from woodgrain4wagons. Unfortunately not enough to cover all trim :( but you have to look closely to see the difference, although I was a bit disappointed.

    Body and interior were already in almost perfect condition.

    Like it or hate it, but we love our belgian shepherds...

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    You can see us driving the Dutch and Belgian roads daily. Driving (and listening to the V8) is fun!

    And enough room for our shepherds:
    [​IMG]

    Things to do:
    - fixing the electric antenna
    - buying helper springs to support extra weight of the LPG tanks (any advice?)
     
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow. :Welcome:That's a fantastic CP! What a great wagon. The dogs are extremely cool too! 'Round here you'll find everyone will likely have as much interest in your dogs as your wagon. :)
     
  3. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Another wow from here, meul!:D That is a sweet looking CP!(y) Looks cherry. And I love those dogs!!
     
  4. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    Tnx a lot! I expected some curses from purists...
     
  5. CapriceEstate

    CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3,669
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Pardeeville/ Portage, Wisconsin.
    Looks fantastic! You did a great job with it!
     
  6. 81X11

    81X11 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2011
    Messages:
    4,174
    Likes Received:
    542
    Trophy Points:
    261
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Round Rock Texas
    Nice work! Very clean ride!

    -Mike
     
  7. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    [​IMG], love the Colony!


    What he said!
    [​IMG]
     
  8. fannie

    fannie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    12,071
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Trophy Points:
    698
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    Nova Scotia, Canada

    NICE...VERY NICE!
    ​
    In your first picture, with the trees blowing and the dogs running on your car, it looks like they are running into the wind. Cool idea to include your dogs like that...you must be thrilled to be at the stage?

    ​
    CONGRATULATIONS (y)​
     
  9. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    Yep. And the dogs love it. In our former car they were always standing and sometimes they snarled when I turned the car; they rolled over each other. But now they lie down, enough room for two seperate crates. I never hear them, sometimes I take a look to make sure they are still there :). And the open tail window is great! It is a perfect car for dogs.
    We get a lot of attention. Here you do not see these classic woodgrain wagons very often, and the dog stickers even draw more attention.
    The only drawback: the parking spaces are often too small :bump:
     
  10. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    I hear that! With the increase in SUV and Pickup sales you'd think that finding room to park an 18 foot yacht would be easier. There are parking garages around that are difficult to drive around in, let alone park in. I understand the desire for compact parking spaces but shouldn't we get some sort of special treatment? Perhaps a wagon section in every lot that displays the cars better. :rofl:
     
  11. Cyber-Wizard

    Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,328
    Likes Received:
    93
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    I missed this line the first time around. I agree with you completely. In my old Grand Marquis I put a lot of effort into being able to listen to music in my car. I've only had my Roadmaster for a little more than 6 months and I rarely turn the radio on, I just love listening to the engine.
     
  12. meulmani

    meulmani Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2010
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    50
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:
     
  13. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,061
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Beautiful wagon!
    Welcome!

    Marshall
     
  14. the Rev

    the Rev senior junior Charter Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    9,329
    Likes Received:
    54
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    BC,canada
    its like a wagon version of a Boogie Van:D
    ...(murals were big on the vans)...(y)

    nice CP there MM(y)

    :Welcome: to our garage
     

Share This Page