three seat wagon to haul grandchildren

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by chrisbayley, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 1972behemoth

1972behemoth New Member

Obviously, The poor guy is a wagon fan. He's just lookin for something to take the grandkids places in, and make memories. I have wonderful memories of my childhood, my moms 1973 powder blue Country Squire rear facing seats that me and my dolls occupied every year on vacation. The gradkids will always remember their granddads wagon and how much fun they had. That's what I am trying to provide my kids,and someday my grandkids, memories. And hopefully a love of older cars, that the average Gal/Guy can work on. There I've said my peace.:whistle: Please come back heynow14 most of us on here are actually sane.

BTW the way my daily driver is an Astro van, my 4th, at least till the behemoth is on the road, the she'll be just for long trips.

2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi moth...I believe it was Chris Bayley that was the OP. But...yeah...I think Chris had memories in mind. And I love that. It's half the wagon mystique. I hope he comes back too. This war is HIGHLY unusual here. But funny too. LOL......as soon as I saw post #2 I KNEW where this thread was headed!:yup: C'mon back Chris....we can help you find what you want.(y):D

3. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Actually he is. I brought up the B-body wagon. And while I wouldn't put a baby seat in the 3rd row seat for various reasons like not being able to attend to the child. I would but an older kid back there.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Any '91 - '96 B-body wagon should be safe enough for a bit crusing with the grandkids. Anyone still in an infant or booster seat is out for the 'way-back', though.

Also wouldn't hesitate on an older B-body - say '85 -'90 (not sure I would go much older than '85, even though the '77's - '84's are basically the same. I'd just start worrying more about stuctural integrity.)

The last big Ford / Mercury wagons would also be OK. They have the dual side-facing rear seats, though.

5. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Holy crap people!!! Live and let live!:slap:

:Welcome: TO OUR FORUM CHRIS!!! GLAD YOU JOINED US!!! YOU'LL FIND US A PEACEFUL AND UNOPINIONATED GROUP - GENERALLY WE ALL GET ALONG JUST SWELL!!! GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
  6. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Holy cow, look at all I missed just because I went down to the Jersey Shore for the weekend. Yikes!
    I think we scared away the OP. He hasn't been heard from since days ago!!

7. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Wow this has proved interesting!

There are many reasons to prefer one car (WAGON) over any other type.

Thinking about the safety of my Grandchildern i prefer my minivan with the built in child seats.

Can you even secure a child seat in the rear of your wagon?

Where would they end up in a collision?

Nobody is dissin' the wagon,glad you have passion for your car .

8. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    have you dorks even noticed that he hasnt said anyhting since his 1st post....or were you too busy being dorks????:slap:

and im pointing at certain dorks:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

9. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Like the one in the mirror? :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Yours truly,

one of the "dorks"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  10. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Take your laptop with you next time. Don't they have Wi-Fi hot spots down there? :)

Maybe he got his answer.

11. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Chris may be back, just to check on his inquiry, but when he sees the ugly direction this thread has gone...he'll probably also be gone. Hope not.

Oh well...Welcome Chris! :cheers: :Welcome:

I so like this forum because we all get along so well, and genuinely seem to like one another.
    As we have seen here recently, when one of us has hard times or a crisis of some sort, we are there for each other to offer encouragement and prayers.

I have had my own unfortunate dust-ups on here, and I now consider one of the recipients of my wrath a dear friend and brother.

We all have opinions and it's easy to get a little too invested in trying to be right.
    But let's try to remember why we come here...for the friendship, and kindness shown to one another. :beerchug:
    Station wagons are what brought us here, but our fondness for one another, keeps us coming back.

David :tiphat:

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well said, Wix. I hope he comes back but...I have a hunch he may have already checked the thread and scurried away. Hopefully not. I hope he returns and reads other threads here and all the posts in this one to see the wagon family atmosphere.

13. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    Well, I am guilty of some of this that went on, am I embarrassed for it? Hell no, will I say sorry for my actions? Not a chance, I have nothing to be sorry for. I will not put my family in a minivan, no matter how safe the "tested by experts" ratings on them are. They are unsafe deathraps and ugly as sin in my eyes and no amount of statistics or opinions will change that.

As for worrying about him coming back, he has not been here or active since his original post.
    chrisbayley
    Last Activity: 2010-07-04 23:31 PM

Same time as his first post in this topic and not been back since.

I enjoy the site and the majority of the members and just like with any family, we have our arguments from time to time. The facts are, the original poster asked for a specific vehicle, a WAGON with 3rd row seating. Then other options and claims were given. This is a WAGON FORUM, and that is what Chris asked for, a WAGON, not the self claimed opinions on a Minivan being safer.

14. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Agreed it is a station wagon forum, but you forgot to add what Forrest Gump said "that's all i have to say about that"

I guess part of my thought were in results of an accident my brother had in his 3 seat wagon.

He was rear ended, at a stop.

the impact broke the rear side windows and jammed the rear doors shut.

As ir burned to the ground he went over the seats to retreave his boys who were knocked out .

The boys were passed out the side windows and he recieved 3rd degree burns on his way back out over the seats .

Would they have been safer in a mini van probibly not but for me and my Grand kids a van will do just fine!

Some day i may own a wagon (grew up with then as we all did),but it will be a custom 2-door conversion.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  15. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Puts a whole new meaning to Male PMS!!!:evilsmile: :biglaugh:

We haven't had a good venting session for a long time. Except my wife, of course. Hope she gets through it soon. :whew:

Anyway, its nice to see some passion around here. Some of us older guys are master debaters, but I see the young uns are catching up. :1st:

Reminds me of joke. This lady goes to her doctor for something for her cramps, all beaten up and bruised. The doc asks her how she got mangled so bad. So she tells him that when hubby gets home late, running at about 90-proof, that he goes at her like a buzz-saw.

The doc tells her that what she should do is warm up the water and make herself a nice cup of tea with cinnamon, just before he comes home, and sit down and sip her tea. That should also help with her cramps. Come back in a week to review.

A week goes by. She walks in all dolled up, not one bruise anywhere. Can't thank the doctor enough. So, he asks what her hubby did. Oh, he just went to bed and slept it off. I had another nice tea. I enjoyed it so much, that I didn't even nag him about his drunken stupor. Works everytime!

I'm so glad, the doc says. Your mouth was doing something soothing for a change. :evilsmile:

Now about those cramps?:D