three seat wagon to haul grandchildren

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by chrisbayley, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

And you're not?

The rest of it isn't worth responding to. I've made my points, and I stand by them.

2. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    No, I quoted you and the OP post to show you HE WANTS A WAGON and that is not worth responding to? Why is that, because you have been proven wrong? So there for, your own posts are forever more not worth responding to either, I took that right from your post, don't get mad at me for pointing out that a quote by you is not worth responding to, your own words, not mine.

Go buy a minivan, your '73 OCC is ashamed of you. :rofl2:

3. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Yeah that was 20 years ago, and it mentions that not all mini vans were recalled. I guess thats why every now and then there still is a news story about a 20 year old mini van thouwing children out the back door only to be killed! Thats not old news, thats news that still happens!!

Even when big wagons with the third seat were still being made, when did you here of children being thrown out of a 20 year old wagon because the seats and tail gate failed?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Here, here!(y)

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Oh Man, I did offer to meet him half way:huh:

:biglaugh::rofl2:

6. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

The Custom Cruiser is not a daily driver, it's a collector car, and if I still had kids at home, I would drive a minivan. In fact, I had two while they were young (a '95 Pontiac Transport and an '02 Olds Silhouette), and I never once feared for their safety. I'll thank you to let me worry about the safety of me and my family.

And, oh yes, I assure you, my Custom Cruiser is very proud of me, especially at this moment.

7. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Now theres food for thought with mashed potatos and gravy, dam well said Black:tiphat:

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

as said before.....that's all you can come up with? Please.....

10. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

It's enough for you.

11. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Scrape the barrel a little more, there's still some paint left:biglaugh:

did ol' little red neck Canadian boy geet hees spelin right, rite, write,wright, dis tim boss?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

12. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Wagonless Soul

Wagon Garage:
    My brother had one of those plastic Transport thingy's, was a 94 I believe. His wife was T-Boned by a driver who slid on the ice at a stop sign and it shoved the drivers rear tire where the window should be, took the floorboard and folded it up, shoving my 4 year old nephew(he is 20 now) into the passenger side slider door, breaking his collarbone and cracking his skull. She was stopped in line at a red light at the time of the accident and the other driver was pulling out of Tim Hortons parkinglot. He is also now deaf in the right ear and see's everything from his right eye fuzzy. The estimated speed of the collision (done by forensic officers) was 19mph. The driver of the other car was not injured, nor die the airbags deploy in her 96 Grand Marquis. She was able to drive the car away and to the garage to be fixed. Now if that is a safe vehicle, then I would rather drive around in my daughters Power Wheels Barbie Pontiac Solstice. They are both plastic and held together with screws and glue, but the Solstice atleast looks cool, not like a failed design attempt of a space shuttle, like the Transport.

I owned 2 different Minivans once, a Aerostar and a Astro, the FORD was junk before it hit 100k, rotted right out and the motor had a nasty tick, but the Astro lasted me 230k+ hauling Amish on a daily basis 7 days a week. I replaced the Astro with the Roadmaster and would do it again in a second, more seating capacity, better mileage, better ride, better handling, more POWER, more towing capacity, better looking, easier to work on. more dependable, safer, built better, built more solid. Hell, everything a family man with 4 kids needs and wants out of a truly safe and solid car.

13. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    May I suggest a 1983 Chevrolet Caprice Estate? :)
    My dad's had the third seat and by '83 Chevrolet turned the third seat around to face the rear. (This is the model I learned to drive in, hence my partiality, lol).
    I seem to recall the third seat was equipped with two seat belts.

14. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    I've got an 87 Caprice, with the rear-facing seat, essentially the same car, and I am saving it, with much excitement for the day that I have kids and get to haul them around in it. Also looking at a 77 LTD which has the dual center facing 3rd row seat. Which will also be a family hauler. I hope my future wife will be happy to drive my pride and joy Caprice lol.

We had a 77 LTD wagon when I was a kid, when my dad was a kid they had a 66 Caprice wagon, which ended up being his first car. Those cars hauled many kids around. (I'm one of 3, dad's one of 5) and everyone's still alive. I think they're plenty safe. A car's only as safe as the person behind the wheel (and those around them)

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    oh YEAH?? Well....MY car can beat up YOUR car!!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: