My Country Squire in an upcoming film...!

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by patrick80, Jun 2, 2016.

1. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Some of you guys know that I am a part-time actor and writer, and have been in several movies, commercials and other media. I've also had vehicles in a movie before; in 2010 in a film called "Heaven's Rain", which was filmed in Oklahoma and Brazil. Well, my '86 Ford CS wagon is in a movie that should be out later this year called "Stillwater", which was filmed in the town of Stillwater, Oklahoma and wrapped filming this week (end of May). It was originally set to be used over a four-day period, but weather (lightning and hail) killed one of those days. Stillwater is based on a true story. The film crew and cast were really great! I was also a non-speaking extra, but filming got cut short on that day, so I will not be actually IN the movie, but my car is in a couple of scenes crucial to the plotline, so I'm quite sure the car will make the cut. Keep am eyeball out for it later in the year, or perhaps early in 2017.

ModelT1 and CalMike like this.
  2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Didn't know about the actor / writer part............. Cool!

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Sometimes I act like I know what I'm writing about!:biglaugh:

4. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Make that TWO movies! I'm going to Ponca City, OK this Sunday for the whole day to shoot a cable TV show whose name I can not divulge, and they want both me AND the wagon for this one. I have no idea what all is going to transpire, but I can only assume it's gonna be set in the late '80s, as that is the era of cars and trucks they were looking for. Pics, if I can get them!

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Awesome! Congrats! How much do you charge for your autograph?!

6. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Me too! Just send us a comment here with your name on it.:bigsmile: Good luck.:thumbs2:

7. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    I'm afraid you will have to be content with the knowledge that basking in the light of my afterglow is all I can provide! However, at the Oscars, I will mention you in my thank-you speech!

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    You don't have to name each member because people hate long speeches. Just tell them about the great station wagon group and the people who made you who you are... or were... or could be! Or shoulda been!:thumbs2::1st::clap:

9. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

How cool I always wanted to do that.

10. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Hey, kids! Another movie shoot for the Squire! My wife has been handling this, since I'm at work during the days they need the car. Yesterday, she was on a country gravel road with the wagon, being filmed with a drone overhead. Guess there were some really cool shots! Today and tomorrow is being filmed at a Girl Scout camp that is being used as a regular campground for this movie. My wife has been doing all of the driving so far, at our insistence. I have a healthy level of paranoia about letting just anybody drive my cars, no matter how well-supervised they may be, or how well-insured the production company may be. One of the leads will be driving tomorrow, that I know of. I'm pretty sure they'll wrap up with the wagon on Friday of this week.

Once I know a bit more about this film, I'll let you know. I do know that there are a couple of name actors, plus a country music star in this. One of them will drive the wagon at some time this week, from what my wife was saying. Pics might follow, I don't know.

ModelT1 likes this.
  11. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

Pictures please and let us know what movie...

12. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    "I Could Only Imagine". I have no idea who is in it, but there is supposed to be a couple of name actors plus a country music star in it.

13. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

My POS '83 CP was involved in the filming of the movie "Evergreen," which I've mentioned in another thread. I'm at work, unaware that filming in downtown Everett is going on; my brother Tim walks in the shop and informs me of the filming, and tells me the director was wondering whose car it was. Tim had stepped up and told him it was mine, so the director asked him to get my permission to allow it in filming, which I did. I've never found a copy so I could find out if my wagon made the theatrical cut, but if someone has it, look for a dingy off-white '83 CP with gold hood and driver's door.

14. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    The movie that both me and the Country Squire were in in May, is going to be on Lifetime LMN around Christmas sometime. It's called "If Looks Could Kill". You can see the trailer on Facebook or Youtube.

The TV show it's in, is a series on Starz called "American Gods" and will be in the series premier early in January. I did these shoots back-to-back in May 2016.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    ModelT1 likes this.