New build - 68 Fury III suburban custom

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by SRT8 Magnum, Oct 5, 2014.

1. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

2. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

I poked around the site. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I used to build a pile of models, (plastic, R/C cars and planes) but it would take a lot of time...and space, not to mention money (especially the R.C. stuff); something had to give lol. Now the remainder of my collection is either hanging from the ceilings, in the basement, in display cases, in the basement, or simply collecting dust, in the basement.
    After reading your thread, I was tempted to start another.

I have a '65 Corvette (1/8 scale) that I've been meaning to get to - it's a Revell (red on red kit) that I've been saving. My first driving lesson was behind the wheel of my father's '65, white on blue, power glide a/c car - this was before Sunday shopping was implemented, out at the mall, first thing in the morning, with nothing in my way to hit lol...
    So many ways, I'd like to duplicate my childhood memory into that kit. I think one thing that has kept me from going at it is the (to my knowledge) lack of 1/8 scale "parts". This kit has wheel covers while my dad's car had the K.O's (knock offs) ... a major visual difference. Any idea's or leads?

Speaking of which, I've attempted to search out any 65-70 pontiac full size wagon, and or Chevy Kingswood die cast or plastic kits via google with no luck. Do you know of any kits out there (ebay turned up nothing besides a small 1/64 Kingswood - that's not what I'm after)?
    Thx
    -Andrew

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  3. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Still enjoying watching this build, and even more so now that there will be an auto transporter as part of the display as well. Will be interesting to see what other 1/25 scale 68 Mopars will be selected for the transporter. Back in 68, the only 1/25 scale 1968 Mopars available were the Fury 2 door hardtop and convertible, the Chrysler 300 convertible and 2 door hardtop, the Imperial coupe, the Coronet RT hardtop and convertible, the Charger and the Barracuda. More recently, the Fury kit was modified to make a 4 door sedan (police car), and new molds have been made for the 68 Road Runner and 68 Dart GTS.

4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Great job. That wagon looks almost like I can jump in and go for a drive.
    [​IMG]

5. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

Andrew there are some 65 - 70 Pontiac and Chevy models. I've seen different ones on this eBay site. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Automotive-...65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A4728&_sop=10 This site can be addictive I many look for Mopars and trucks on the site but I have seen some of the wagons your asking about. I don't have any information on Diecast cars. By the way you may find your 1/8 scale wheels on that site. I have had good luck receiving models through the mail that Ive bought on eBay. Let me know if you need more information

6. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

Jim you asked so here's what I currently have ready to load on it. The only one I don't have yet that you listed is the Chrysler 300 convertible (just recently lost out on a bit for one) I just receive the Fury 2 door hard top and plan on making it a light yellow with ba
    Lack interior. I've also have a idea on how to make a 68 Bevledere wagon for a future project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

Thanks ModelT.

8. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Awesome build! I've been following it from the start. Wish I had the time and talent. Please share when you have the transport finished. Would love to see the final product!

9. Jim 68cuda

Nice collection of 1968 Mopars in scale. You can actually cut down the C-pillar on the 300 hardtop and rework the door openings to make a 300 4 door pillarless hardtop. I did that once and was quite pleased with the result.

10. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

Jim I may do that sometime in the future I have 2 of them in my closet.

11. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

I'm fortunate that I have the next few days off from work, as I took the time to go through the ebay listing. Man-oh-man is there a lot of chevy stuff to choose from. I attempted to narrow my search down but no luck with a 67-70 Kingswood estate in any scale. Then I tried a search for the Pontiacs, even less out there. To your knowledge, is there an archive or similar for Revell, AMT, etc? I'm curious to know if they ever made kits of these wagons.
    -Andrew

12. SRT8 Magnum

SRT8 Magnum New Member

Andrew make sure you check out the resin tab at the bottom of the page you may find a resin body for what your looking for.

13. Jim 68cuda

14. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

Awesome:thumbs2:
    Looks like they have the Pontiac's and the Big Chevy's too. Very exciting.
    Many Thanks!
    Do you know if there are any complete kit alternatives out there?
    -Andrew

15. Jim 68cuda

Probably not. Demand for scale model station wagons was never high enough to warrant mass production of a whole lot of choices.