Marquis DeSade

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MarquisDeSade, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meulmani

meulmani Well-Known Member

Thank you for your concern and assistance :tiphat:. I understood that Tobias is the owner but his parents have been taking care of the car since he left the island. Test drive is not a problem but he cannot guarantee that his father's health will be good enough to accomodate that..

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Well, were back to my origonal concern. "Who has title/registration?" If Tobias does then his father cannot legaly get a permit!...unless the father has power of attoreny. This is something you need to find out regaurding "can't guarentee" (Im sounding like a scratched record)

3. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

:idea:....Tobias can come to the island next weekend, visit his parrents and not have to wory about about his father taking care of his car sale.:idea:

4. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    LOL:biglaugh:This is a catch 22 perpetrated by the seller. My guess is that he doesn't wat to try and sell it to anyone that knows anything about cars. Hey...If it's his car....what does his dad have to do with an inspection. Boy....am I ever getting tired of talking about this mystery car with no seller input except ... I don't know....maybe....

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

We don't call him the Wise Old Fox for kicks!:yup:
    :tiphat:

I'm done posting with this, If by Friday July 1st I havn't heard there is a test drivable car for July 2nd....forget it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  6. meulmani

I am thinking of going to Vancouver myself, if that's the only way for a dutch person to buy a car out there... I know it sounds ridiculous but I am not sleeping well. Plane tickets cost EUR 538. If the Vancouver car does not look and drive well I go to Seattle and have a look at the cars there. I hate being days from home but it looks like buying cars in the US or Canada I have never seen is too risky,

We did it before. We bought a Ford E250 van in Las Vegas, got the title on my name (4 weeks permit), insured, and drove it to a terminal in Paramount, enjoying a 4 weeks vacation.

But don't know how it works in Canada. Is there any foreigner here with experience?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  7. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Funny. I had the same thought about traveling to the Pacific Northwest. I have been looking for a specific car and there are a LOT of these specific cars out there. 2000 miles away. In thinking it out I realized it was a bad idea. I could get there to find none available at that time or that I would have to travel hundreds of miles many times to look at several before I found one I liked. IF I would find one.
    I know you have been here and bought cars here in the past, but, to travel here again for a car that does not yet exist, and travel around until you found one, would raise the price of that car exponentially.
    I know it's frustrating for you to sit in Holland while people over here try to do your due diligence for you. But, the people here that are willing to do that are good car guys that can separate the good from the bad in minutes AND can spot a bad deal a mile away. If you exercise patience you will end up with a good wagon of your choice at a good price.

8. meulmani

I have no doubts about you, I really appreciate your help. Yes, I am impatient, I know. After the accident I really want a car like our blue one was before the accident. I admit it is a bit of an obsession, like never before, normally I would not search for and buy a car this way.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  9. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I hate to just reiterate what Fox is saying but I think this is one of those things where you really want to take your time. You've had enough cars that I'm certain at least some of them gave you some unexpected surprises when you got them home. If you find and snag one too quickly you could wind up with a nice looking wagon with a lot of hidden little secrets. I rushed through buying my wagon after having only looked directly at 5 or 10 of them. I got a beautiful looking wagon that wound up socking me with a transmission rebuild and several other nifty little surprises in under six months. Many of which I would have seen if I hadn't been so anxious to buy.

10. MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade New Member

You guys are complete *******s

I work 6 days a week. My father's health is not the greatest. It is not my most important thing to do to travel to the Island so a couple of yahoos can drive my car. If you are such experts go and see the car and let Ina know it's nice and drive's out good. There are lots of roads out my fathers driveway where you could road test the car.

Instead of hypothosizing about something you clearly have no idea about, why don't you sell her your car. Jesus a bunch of ignoramus in here.

11. MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade New Member

Tobias

1. If Ina wants to see the car I suppose she can do that when she comes to Canada. Tedy posted to me when I bought the car that he was familiar with it and would have bought it himself had he any money but it is probably hard to make a living when you sit on your computer in station wagon forums all day.

2. There is no mystery here. I don't hang out in station wagon forums like you lot. I work six days a week.

3. My father will be required to leave his residence, drive 20 minutes into town, purchase a permit and then go home to wait for Ted or whichever of you jackasses is supposedly coming to see the car. He has degenerative arthritis and is lucky to get out of bed.

4. YOU ARE ALL CLOSER TO SOOKE THAN I AM! You could have seen the car 100 times by now instead of sitting at your computers whining about titles and powers of attorney. Jesus....

5. You could have gotten the Vin # and run it with ICBC. You will see it has had always lived in Victoria and no accidents.

6. You could have looked at the service history including new transmission and recently $900 worth of maintenance at Sooke Harbour Motors.

7. You could have driven it up and down my father's street. YOU LIVE 30 MINUTES FROM HIM.

8. I would have to take a ferry, drive 45min to get there, pay $100 to get to Victoria NEVER mind getting back then drive an hour to Sooke. It is more than $26.

9. CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE AND DO NOT CONTACT MY FATHER.

12. meulmani

I am just searching for another mercury cp… I am sorry this causes a quarrel… Of course it is a risk buying a car in an foreign country. If I don’t trust anyone I could NEVER buy a car in the US nor Canada. Even if the car is inspected and I have made an advance payment the seller could sell it to someone else before the car is shipped to the port. I bought cars in America in the past, I have always been lucky. My blue mercury cp was exactly the car we were looking for last year. We bought it from another forummember, alphues, who isn’t very active on the forum either. No one did a test drive then. Yes, it was a risk, but it turned out fine. A few rust spots we sanded away and primered, fresh respray and woodgrain, some technical stuff. I am not blaming anyone and I know I am running the risk of buying a lemon but I am aware of that risk. Three years ago we were in the US, then we bought a car in person (all project cars), now Duke is with us going to Canada/US is not that easy anymore. So we have to trust people otherwise I have to buy a car in the Netherlands. But these wagons are not for sale here and it’s really important to me that my next car is a colony park, I want to close a chapter, the bruises have almost gone but the emotions haven’t. That’s also the reason why I am so impatient. I regret the BC is not for sale anymore, I was really seriously interested.

13. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I don't believe seeing a picture on Used Victoria a cople years back "makes me familuar with the car"

Well..... You could have cleared alot of this up from the start.....I believe, I even mentioned that I can understand the ferrie, it's time and cost on top of $26

And why would I or anyone here bother you ailing father ( I havn't)? With the sounds of his condition only a Jaskass of a son would put a burden on him to sell a car!

On your day off try a Google search on...." How To Sell A Car"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  14. MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade New Member

Fat Ignorant and mostly uneducated Tedy

On my day off, well, since you have all the time in the world Fat Loser or whoever you are, why would you live your life in a station wagon forum. I thought this would be a good place to meet like minded people, in fact, all you do is assume everyone is selling a crap car and looking to rip someone off.

My father is the only one with access to the car and in fact, since seeing what a bunch of complete dicks you are, I have taken it off the market. I don't need to sell it and in fact, quite like it so have decided to keep it. In future, try not to be such a critical keyboard warrior. Usually, to sell a car, you advertise it, someone comes and looks and either they buy it or they dont. You lot have made it the most confusing and undesirable task. No wonder Ina doesn't have a wagon yet with you idiots helping her.

How do I delete my account or maybe Silverfox would be so kind as to remove me from this disaster of critical and skeptical low lives.

BTW Fat, a dictionary may be a good read for you while you sit around all day. I am sure you could look at one on a computer while you slurp down your diet Pepsi and eat chips. Spelling is not your strong suit, probably right up there with your people skills and love of station wagons.

Now you can all go back to telling Ina how every wagon she finds is not worth looking at. Some help you all are.

15. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Has yous thunk about counceling??

You have some serious ishues!

You can slam me all day if it makes you feel better, the only one who blew this car sale is you. I am glad I was able to keep Ina or any girl away from the likes of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.