1968 Ford Cross Country

Year:
Color:
Color:Q 1624-A Medium Blue Met. (Brittany blue)
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
FORD|RANCH WAGON
Tags:
  • Hi all :)
    Dont know how I shall start this "garage" writing, so I'll just try something.
    I'm from Norway, Scandinavia by the way.
    So.... It all started way back in the early 90's.
    Me and my uncle was driving to the garage we rented, and one day and I saw an huge blue american car sitting in someones yard, and off course since we both where interested in amcars I told him what I saw. Every day after that we both looked at it, and started talking more and more about the car, if it was for sale, what was wrong with it, and all that kind of stuff.

Long story short, one day my uncle bought the car, and I remember how we laughed when we tried to park it in the garage, the front was inside but most of the car seemed to be sticking out. No chance to even try to close the gate. It was a huge car indeed. :)
    With my uncle driving, we went on long trips as well as using it as a daily driver. We knew the engine wasn't in the best shape and one day it decided to give up on us. A 351 Cleveland took its place.
    With the new motor also having knocking sounds we knew we had to fix it. With me going into the military and my uncle moving to a new house it never happened. The car never got back on the road after that, and some years later it was sold.
    My uncle passed away some years ago but I still from time to time have been wondering where the car went and if it still existed.
    Now thirteen years later I got the answer. It does exist, and it was for sale. One phone-call later and the car became mine. And here is where the new story with the car begins. I know its much that has to be done with it before its back on the road, but I hope I can manage it.