1960 Chrysler Windsor

Year:
Color:
Mauve-white
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
CHRYSLER|IMPERIAL
  • This Chrysler was purchased in Ohio in a package of four Imperial convertibles. It had 49,100 miles on it but was sitting for twelve years. I purchased a Saratoga parts car with power windows, auto pilot and factory air to build the four door hardtop wagon I always wanted. It was 95% rust free, so I had the motor rebuilt and balanced, refinished the body and painted it back to the original color. (It was painted dark Blue some time in it's past). Some how I never finished this car and only drove it from one storage place to another. Little things happen when a car is in storage to long. ( an old bumper end fell from a shelve on to its roof and side, snow blower scratched the left door etc.) In 2009 I got tired of looking at it and realized that it deserved to be done right, so back it went to a quality body shop, where it was torn down to the shell, stripped and painted in a two stage paint. It is presently at Rick's Trim Shop for a complete interior redo. I also swapped the power swivel seat from a New Yorker to complete it. I will post some photos of this car when I get it back form the upholstery shop.