Zagato reveals custom Aston Martin Virage Shooting Brake

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by wagonmaster, Sep 7, 2014.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, Performance, Wagon, Aston Martin, Misc. Auto Shows, Luxury

[​IMG]

Of all the pan-European collaborations, the decades-old partnership between Aston Martin and Zagato is among our favorites. It's a tie-in that dates back to the DB4 GT from 1960 and has materialized in numerous forms over the years since. What you see here is the latest.

Unveiled today at the Chantilly Art & Elegance show in France, the Aston Martin Virage Shooting Brake Zagato follows in the same style as the DBS Coupé Zagato Centennial and the DB9 Spider Zagato Centennial one-offs revealed last year as part of Aston's 100th anniversary celebrations. It adopts a similar rectangular style to the previous two examples, but reinterpreted in a classic, low-slung, three-door wagon form to celebrate Zagato's 95th birthday.

Completing the trilogy, this coachbuilt custom is based on the Virage model that itself was based on the DB9 and slotted in below the DBS until being discontinued two years ago. The atelier didn't reveal much in the way of technical details, but its underpinnings suggest it's powered by Aston's long-serving 6.0-liter V12 with 490 horsepower. Whereas the previous models were commissioned by American and Japanese collectors, the Shooting Brake was built for a European customer.

This shooting brake follows in a long line of Zagato-bodied Astons including the aforementioned DB4 GT, the 1986 V8 Vantage Zagato and V8 Volante Zagato, the 2002 DB7 Zagato, the one-off 2004 Vanquish Roadster and the 2011 V12 Zagato. Scope out the latest in the quartet of images in the gallery above and the press release below.Continue reading Zagato reveals custom Aston Martin Virage Shooting Brake

Zagato reveals custom Aston Martin Virage Shooting Brake originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 07 Sep 2014 05:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

2. estatewagon

estatewagon Well-Known Member

WOW, an Aston Martin is already my "if I win the lottery" car so I guess I'll have Zagato build me one of these.

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I agree. When my ship comes in I want one just like that only red. But I don't think I'll be able to haul many 4X8 sheets of plywoood or 2X4's in that shooting brake!

I thought a shooting brake was the UK designation for a station wagon once used by hunters to go shooting foxes and things. Not hardly room for the guns and the foxes in the back of that.

But I'll bet here in America it would be great for fox hunting...... Or maybe cougars. :biglaugh:

4. mashaffer

mashaffer New Member

Wagon Garage:
    If that is a shooting break than so is this...

[​IMG]

In fact I think the dogs would find the 'Yota more comfortable.

mike

5. estatewagon

estatewagon Well-Known Member

This car will be taken on hunting trips about as often as today's Range Rovers go off-road.

6. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    the Aston would have looked better in 4 door

7. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    You guys are just jealous because I ordered one !

A four door?:mad::naughty:

8. mashaffer

mashaffer New Member

Wagon Garage:
    You can have it. Iff'n I were lookin' fer an Aston Martin I would be lookin' fer a DB6. :)

mike