Woodward Dream Cruise 2007: The Classics

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by wagonmaster, Aug 20, 2007.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Filed under: Convertibles, Coupes, Sedans/Saloons, Sports/GTs, Trucks/Pickups, Wagons/Estates, Etc., Misc. Auto Shows
    [​IMG]
    Click on the Volvo for a high-res gallery of some of the classics on Woodward

Tens of thousands of cars crammed Woodward Ave and the surrounding area on Saturday, with a large percentage of them being of an age that would be called "middle" if they were human. Many of these more mature machines even stretched into the octogenarian range and beyond.

The vast majority of the cars stopping, starting and parked were domestically-produced but there were numerous exceptions. The imports ranged from the mundane to the exotic, including a 1965 Volvo B18 (shown above) to Rollers and Bentleys. Elsewhere, Porsches shared the road Corvettes, and an old Dodge proved that pickups weren't always the monster trucks the Rams are today. Check out the gallery for a sampling of what we saw.

Gallery: Woodward Dream Cruise 2007: Classics
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Permalink | Email this | Comments

2. oldsmike

oldsmike Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Some buds and I have been enjoying Woodward for the last two months. Personally gone through 3 bills worth of Premium and Race gas in that time. Some nice pics! If anyone has never gone to this event, you need to do at least once. Fair warning: if you get a headache when you are in your easy chair sitting next to the road, carbon monoxide has that effect.

My best friend and I spent Dream Cruise Day... in the junkyards. When you live so close to it, it has almost turned into a anti-climatic event for us. Losing its luster of driving the cars, actiually cruising, which is something you can't do real well when that day finally comes. I enjoy it a lot up to that day but it seems to take on a different life, more of the car show guys show up en masse and the trailer queens are everywhere. I'm just not into either of those crowds.

So... my bud and I celebrated car day rummaging all manner of wrecked jewels. It was fun and strangely not a lot of car guys in the yards. Hmmm, wonder where they all went?

Grins,
    Mike