What’s it worth

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dylan21, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Dylan21

Dylan21 New Member

So here’s the deal guys my buddies neighbor has a 69 Kingswood. Has not ran in 7 years but ran when it was parked. Still has all fluids in it and motor turns over just won’t fire. Has 327 badges on the side and assuming th400. The interior needs some help. Needs headliner and the back window ha been down the whole time so the trunk pan has a couple small holes and the rear seat needs some help! The body is in pretty good condition no big rust spots or anything. He wants 3500 for it trying to decide what to offer him

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That sounds like it could be a neat car.
    Do you have any photos of it? That would help in determining a value.

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    A THD 400 wasn't standard, on the Smallblock, so don't get your hopes up, in that regard. I'd worry more about if there really is a 327 in there or something oddball. During the 49 years it has been around, anything's possible. Still, even if an oddball's in there and the rest is in good shape, it sounds like a good deal, just the same. If a THD 400 is really in there, that's your excuse for going Bigblock

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It seems the '69 big Chevy wagons command a bit more than the average, among the other late 60's on that platform. I think it's due mostly to the unique 'halo' front bumper design, and some of them having hidden headlamps as an option.

I don't think that $3,500 price is out of the question. I'd say a low value might be $2,500 - so maybe meet in the middle @ around $3,000?

5. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The 327 was the base V8 engine in '69 (its final year of production) and only available in two barrel form. Could be a PG or three speed auto. You don't say where you are located so I can't quantify what "no big rust spots" means. Be prepared to do quite a bit of searching and spend quite a bit of money chasing after very hard to find interior parts if what is there cannot be restored. With any luck it is as complete as possible and what is there can be worked with.

Just keep in mind this is a non-running vehicle that has been sitting for 7 years and has been exposed (interior and exterior) to the elements for at least that long. Keep repeating that to yourself as you are throwing numbers around in your head.