Wagon of the Day - 1958 Edsel Bermuda Station Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon of the Day' started by wagonmaster, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    1958_edsel_bermuda_station_wagon10.jpg

Early production Bermuda station wagon, signed by Edsel chief designer Roy Brown

Submitted by: wagonmaster

2. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    hey whoa

That autograph could make that wagon worth a lot of money to somebody.Especially if they know who Roy Brown is.;) I realize it's not quite the same as if Elvis or Carroll Shelby or even Bob Denver or John Denver had signed the car:oops: but there's got to be car collectors out there knowledgeable enough to know the magnitude of Roy Brown signing an Edsel.:yup:

3. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    Ha Bob Denver, why would Gillilgan sign a station wagon? Maybe John Denver could sing Rocky Mountain High for us too!

4. Taranau

Wagon Garage:
    Bob?

I was hoping somebody was going to catch that...I've watched a bunch of those car auction shows on TV.Reggie Jackson must be hitting some hard times too.He's been selling off a lot of his precious oldies lately.And they all come signed by Reggie!:2_thumbs_up_-_anima Now,if the cast of the Munsters had signed the Munstermobile---or the cast of the Beverly Hillbillies had signed that car---those two cars would be worth a lot...Gilligan didn't have a car,but if Bob had signed one---well,,,there'd be a handfull of die-hard Gilligan fans willing to bid on that one,I'm afraid.:49: And.I don't think they'd have any idea,what-so-ever,who Roy Brown was.:( They might not even know what an Edsel is.
    "Leave your body,Edsel,at the door",from Oingo Boingo,I do believe.:yup:

5. CapriceEstate

Wagon Garage:
    I was watching All in the Family one day and Archie was talking about how they didn't make something anymore, all proudly. And the neighbor, Irene said, "They don't make Edsels anymore, but you don't see Ford bragging about them!"

6. Taranau

Wagon Garage:
    braggarts

Gee,the old LaSalle ran great...Youtube has a video about the restoration of a LaSalle woodiewagon airport limo.Excellent viewing:yup:...Well,during the Eighties and Nineties,the CEO at Ford was doing everything he could to run Crown Victoria,T-Bird and Mustang into the ground and junk heap them---and they were still making those!!!:mad: It's little surprise they don't brag too much about Edsels:disagree:.Although,other cars that were unpopular back then,have become popular now.Like those 59 Chevys that'll cut you in half with their horizontal tailfins:bouncy:.

7. CapriceEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, well, the Edsels certainly have a cult following. I almost bought a 58 in turquoise 4-door no post with the teletouch trans. My dad hates Edsels, so that was a no-go. I like 59 Chevy's too, but they've also been a no-go for me since my dad hates the cat-eye tail lights. I like the car, very extravegent.

You know how many people don't know that that line is "Gee, our old LaSalle ran great", and even when you explain it, they dunno what a LaSalle is, so then you have to explain that! Some people's kids....

8. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The comeback to that is "My daddy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun!" :biglaugh::biglaugh:

9. Taranau

Wagon Garage:
    that song

Archie and Edith weren't the only people I've heard sing that song,and I've heard it both The LaSalle and Our LaSalle...But;like you pointed out,the real distressing part is that some people out their really don't know what a LaSalle is.That's just as bad as people working at a Mercury dealership NOT knowing what a Colony Park or a Cougar is.

10. CapriceEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Yup, that is disgusting, how can you not know what a Colony Park, and especially what a cougar is.

And by the way Norman, "Dang me, dang me, they oughtta take a rope and hang me, high from the highest tree, woman would you weep for me" - Roger Miller, I have that Vinyl too, and I have it on CD too.

11. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Double Dang! :evilsmile:

You better check your birth certificate, you sound more like a baby-boomer than a Gen-X. :yahoo:

Good times when those songs came out.

My wife and I were talking about music the other day. Her dad passed last fall, in Mexico. He had a separate building on the property to do contract upholstery for restaurant contractors and designers. After he retired, he converted it to almost a recording studio. Wall-to-wall vinyls, every kind of high end speakers, amps and turntables you can think of. And... They won't let anyone in there, until I go visit.

It seems that her dad and I really connected on music and he left instructions that they couldn't touch any of it, until I came and did an inventory and explained to the 9 adult sons and daughters what the vinyls and equipment could do. We're planning on going late in the fall, if all goes well. He's got collectors and complete sets from the 1940's, the KING (E.P.) and Jazz (my favs), plus all of the Bill Cosby comedic disks, and movies (35MM) of the Mexican Golden Era (Just before Hollywood really took hold). We're planning on 2 months, during the deep-freeze (up here).

12. CapriceEstate

Wagon Garage:
    It's funny you should say that. My mom told me I've been a 50 year old man since I was 4 years old. I've always been like this I guess. My folks always say I'm an old soul. And it's kinda funny, I feel like I'm a reincarnation or something, because sometimes I feel like I'm just familiar all of this stuff that happened back then, it's kinda weird.

That recording studio really sounds like something to behold!!! When you go down there, you shoudl take some pics! My dream in life would be to sing professionally. Me and my one lady-friend always sing songs together, usually Johnny and June duets or something of the like. People have told each of us seperately and together that we should cut an album and that we have good voices. I ain't got much going for me, but I guess I can sing haha. And of course the ones I look up to are the legends. Johnny Cash, George Jones, John Conlee (who I'm listening to) Roy Clark, The Temptations, Elvis, etc etc.

13. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    You betcha your booties I'll be taking pics. All those record covers! ;)

14. CapriceEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Record albums are awesome! I have quite a lot of them, right now I'm looking at two of mine sitting in my room, Roy Clark's greatest hits, Jeanne C. Reily - Harper Valley PTA

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    If I were an Edsel guy....I would rather have a car signed by Roy Brown than any Hollywood bozo.:)