Vintage-looking tuned up couple & family got-a-life groomed Retros

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Poison_Ivy, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG]

The proper living space for such:

[​IMG]

The proper convertible for Retro couples:

[​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The following couple saved their marriage, through tuning up their lifestyle:

3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Here's another one. All of them seem to have one thing in common. Being that they reject modern life with all the hectic and unfriendliness that goes with it. The most difficult part of living the style is getting the appropriate car:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    ModelT1 likes this.
  4. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

Well I live the 70's lifestyle, but I haven't jumped fully into it... its nice having the internet and a TV that has a crystal clear image, and cell phones... besides landline companies no longer offers rotary dial service. (yes, yes I know I can convert the old phone to work on touch tone... but landline is still expensive and limited)

Now about the first couple, watched the video and I immediately thought of Post Modern Jukebox, they can live in the 50's and still get their modern music.

ModelT1 and Poison_Ivy like this.
  5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    That last video isn't for Coulrophobes of which ModelT1 has become, since yesterday:nailbiting:
    70's lifestyle is also okay. Why not? It's really just as good as 50's. Just different. It would be interesting to see people walking around in Rock & Roll clothing again, like the dressier artists of that era used to wear (Robin Trower, Bad English band members, Robert Plant etc...)The platform shoes sucked, because one could turn an ankle, though. I still have a pair of Male brand bell-bottoms from my Beavis & Butthead days. Of course, they don't fit and were only wore a couple times. I'm putting them up for sale on e-bay and will try to get a hundred for them, since they're genuine Made in U.S.A. editions. I got them from a small shop where I used to go get my papers and screens, after school. They had a variety of items and one day I started browsing into the clothing section. The prices were right and I didn't feel like dressing down like some Dork or Dirt Bag. So, I went for it. I don't remember if they had records, though.
    The Eighties were alright, also. After that, we had to put up with horrible trends, like the chimpanzee look which was invented in Britain, some 20 years ago where students would wear their hair short and grow those sideburns that made them look like they were fresh from the set of that Planet of the Apes film.
    Alot of people make fun of Hipsters, but those wearing the long beards and short hair are actually wearing a 20's haircut. The other types wearing hair buns look outright silly.
    Alot of this stuff can get copied, like that one guy doing so for his Time Warp Wife's dresser.
    The following which look like they're remnants from the film Metropolis wouldn't be easy to duplicate. But, possible. The following items are for sale:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Touchy-Feely chairs:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    ModelT1 likes this.
  6. Leadslead

Well the 70's weren't terrible, it had its issues like every other decade... I think honestly the 70's was the Decadent Sunset, the opulence built up from the post-war boom of the 50's was almost completely faded out by the end of the 70's.
    It's a good decade to go back and look at, yeah you had the energy crisis and the end of Vietnam, but you also had microprocessors, the floppy disk, video games, MRI's, the Sony Walkman, etc.
    If there was a time machine that put you back to any decade but its a one way trip, would I go back? sure, but I'd honestly go back a little further and see the 60's, the space race, the moon landing, the leaps and bounds of technology at the worlds fairs, the space needle? the list goes on.
    I probably could start a blog about "living the life" but what would be the point? one man's lifestyle choice is his own to make, I'm not putting on a performance for everyone to watch my eccentric behavior.

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The point is to get people to choose a lifestyle. In other words, to get them used to taking decisions over their own destinies. Rather than having them leaving it up to social networks and governments to decide for them what's proper. People have become accustomed to not thinking, anymore, because gadgets have taken that ability away from them. A muscle not used will simply shrivel. So will a mind.
    I know people who're good with cellphones and computers who would not survive longer than a couple days in the woods, if some event forced them out of their present environments. Not even knowing how to start a fire, using the battery from their cellphones to get steel wool or a fine wire to glow

ModelT1 likes this.
  8. Leadslead

With the lithium ion batteries in our phones just bite into it like this Chinese man testing this battery.

ModelT1 likes this.
  9. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    They even eat anything that doesen't move

10. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

Back prior to the Y2K fiasco I had 2 customers who were (born agains.) Their church was advocating Armageddon and encouraging these guys to stock up on survival supplies, generators, fuel, etc. They asked me what I was doing and when I said nothing, they asked why. I said, "I've got guns and ammo. I'll just take your stuff."

ModelT1 and Poison_Ivy like this.
  11. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Yeah, I heard that one a few times.

12. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I don't think he was joking
    On the contrary. That is doing something. There was no need to lie to them.
    By now, the due date on that stuff they'd stashed has long expired. They were waiting for the excrement to hit the fan some 40 years ago, already

ModelT1 likes this.
  13. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Put the Retro Spell on your kids with these gumball machines:

[​IMG]

BillT and ModelT1 like this.
  14. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Those are old. They still have the old Post Office Zone code ("Chicago 88 Ill."). That Space Tarts one, I've seen as a kid a long, long time ago, but seeing it again, I realize the spacecraft is a Gemini Capsule.

ModelT1 likes this.
  15. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I never payed attention to what was on those machines. To me, those were bait put there for me to plunder. Here's some home or garage decore

[​IMG][​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.