Two Hitch for 1963 Country Sedan ???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by EJ1963, Aug 21, 2017.

1. EJ1963

EJ1963 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Anyone out there know what to do to get one - I've called all over and no one is willing to fabricate one to fit my wagon. If anyone knows of a place that already makes these, I would love to know !

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

That would sure be interesting to have TWO hitch(es) on a wagon... what are you hauling that needs two? o_O

ModelT1 likes this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    What I would do is ask around and either buy a universal hitch set up and hire a welder to modify it and either weld or bolt in place. Or have a complete fabricated hitch made for your wagon. I've bought flea market hitches and recievers, modified them to fit my 1948 Chevy panel and other cars.

Your problem is going to shops worried about being sued. Find a custom automotive builder or someone into building hotrods.
    To get two hitches, actually three, buy one of those receivers with three different sized balls on it. Or change your thread title to TOW.

Grizz likes this.
  4. EJ1963

EJ1963 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry about that - I mean TOW of course and only one hitch needed! Just picked up the car today and love it! Still looking for local shops willing to build a hitch for the car.

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :rofl2:We knew that. Sometimes when I type my fingers go faster than my brain and auto correct does not correct.
    But you got our attention. Good luck. Used to be able to go in the junk yard and remove one from a wrecked '63. Now they're in China or Walmart disguessed as garbage cans or can openers.:oops:

6. EJ1963

EJ1963 Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks Model T - that is exactly what I found. Everyone mentioned lawsuits until I was referred to that one guy who is a major hot rodder and custom welder/fabricator. He agreed to the job and said everyone else out there is just lazy!

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

Try Uhaul, they had one available for my 1964 Cadillac. I didn't get it but was surprised they had one.

ModelT1 likes this.