Two Good Car Meets This Past Weekend here in Austin - Aria Memory Care and Stone Hill

Discussion in 'Car Shows and Swap Meets' started by 81X11, Jun 12, 2017.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    After fixing the window slider on my '96 Roady Wagon Friday evening I cleaned the car all up, and got up early Saturday morning to attend the Aria Memory Care car meet. This was put on a a local home for older folks with memory/dementia issues. Really a good cause, and they were SO thankful to have us there. The older folks really enjoyed it, and the wagon was a hit!

I drove the Roadmaster Wagon, my Dad followed in the '82 Camaro Z28, and my Uncle Lloyd came in his red 2014 Corvette. Had a big turnout, and brought both my kiddos. My 8-year-old son Tuck got to sit in a 1938 Plymouth, and there were a ton of gorgeous cars including a Chrysler 300 convertible that I really liked, a bunch of nice classics, and someone even showed up with a twin of my Uncle's Corvette, except where my Uncle's car has red interior and a stick, this one was black inside and was an automatic (I'll take the stick!).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Public Facebook Album Link here with all the pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213237725608382.1073742229.1553678810&type=3

Then that same evening I decided to go check out the new weekly cruise-in spot, over at the Stone Hill Shopping Center in Pflugerville. Great location, with a nice breeze, good lights, and tons of placed to eat or grab snacks (Andy's Frozen Custard!). Anyway I took the '82 Camaro, T-tops off, and brought my son Tuck and his little friend Sabre. Had a great time! Large meet, with a TON of awesome cars, including my favorite, a daily-driven (God Bless Texas) 1961(?) Chrysler Imperial. Ratty car but awesome that he USES it!! I also totally fell in love with a PERFECT '80 Turbo Trans Am, and a '56 Chevy, and...well...look in the Album, ha!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FULL Public Facebook Album Link here with all the pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213243269186968.1073742233.1553678810&type=3

Sure was a fun weekend! Enjoy the pics if you look!

-Mike