Trying to find good home for my 1978 Ltd Station wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by TLee, Oct 19, 2019.

1. TLee

TLee New Member

Hello all,
    My name is Tommy and I'm from Frederick, Maryland. I stumbled across your forums by accident and realized how big of a base there is for station wagons and people who own them. I've owned my 78 wagon since 1995 and am the second owner. Unfortunately I pretty much let it sit and kind of forgot about it for 15 plus years as life went by. I even built a huge garage at my house and neglected to even think about putting it inside. Anyways, it sat outside the whole time and now it's weathered and of course mice have gotten into the interior also. I'm trying to find a good home for it if anyone is interested free of charge as long as they have the intention of restoring it. I've had so many good times and memories in this car I don't want it to be scrapped. It's by no means rusted out and not restorable. It ran perfectly when I parked it. I'm really technology challenged so hopefully people will reach out to me here and I can find my wagon a good home...I will take pictures of it on my phone and can send them to you as you wish. Thank you all!

wagoninsane likes this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Tommy, nice post. Hopefully someone on here will take you up on your offer and bring back your longroof to it's former glory. Just be careful, offering it for free might draw some derby enthusiasts though? Good luck with your endeavor and hope to see someone save your wagon.....Longroofs Rule!

Grizz likes this.
  3. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Oh by the way if you could post some pictures it might get the juices flowing for that right person.(because on here everyone knows "We All Love Pictures!" ).....Longroofs Rule!

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the site. I love ‘78 LTD wagons. I have had 4 of them and currently have one in light Jade. Would be good to see some pictures. Good luck and again welcome.

5. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome TLee!

6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard bud. It's neat that you are offering up your wagon to go to a new home. I wish more folks were as thoughtful about their old iron as you are.