Tikiwagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by Leadfoot1, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Leadfoot1

Leadfoot1 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Here are some pics of the work I have been doing on my 1965 Plymouth Fury Wagon.

I am going for the Bellflower/Whittier look, with some other details thrown in for good measure.

Re-skinned the tailgate, had a little damage and a crapload of bondo. Eliminated the keyed window switch, frensched in '59 Caddy taillights, although I wish I had stacked them, oh well.

Shaved door handles, suede blue with white metalflake roof and accents.

Frenched attenae (sp?), shaved speaker grill, blue matal flake dash and steering wheel, after repairing it.

Lowered, stainless exhaust (headers to tailpipse), will be getting bellflower tips this winter.

Two skateboard racks, custom bamboo speaker box with TV.

Redid the seats in some chep fabric I found, will be doing white diamond soon.

Custom hubcaps as well, from a 1969 Sport Fury (I think) with bullets and blue metal flake.

Attached Files:

2. chevygod

chevygod Well-Known Member

Looks very cool.

However when a guy from SoCal thinks of the Bellflower/Whittier look, this is not it anymore. But I know what you mean.

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Mostly the Bellflower cars were those with the chrome exhaust coming out along the side just behind the rear tires and to the bumper on each side. Started by some young dudes in Bellflower, California. Called Bellflower tips. So the rumors go.

I love your wagon and love Kustoms. Add some Bellflower tips!(y)

4. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Beautiful job! I might have been tempted to stick with the original brake lamps, though. To me, Chrysler got it right on these wagons, and they have a style you just don't find on anything else. This is especially true on the Fury 3/Sport Fury models with their wider lights. My only question is how many light shows do you give with the headers and exhaust on a car that long and low? My 78 Thunderbird, at factory height and with long tube headers, was forever hitting ground on the highway. I swore then I would never go with headers after that. Not worth the hassle or the expense.

5. jrwscout

jrwscout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Lookin' good!

6. Leadfoot1

Leadfoot1 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have short tube headers and I made sure I tucked the exhaust up tight, I do scape it sometimes on speed bumps, but nothing to bad.

7. Leadfoot1

Leadfoot1 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    If I understand correctly, it was Larry Watson who had the first Bellflower tips made at a muffler shop in the Bellflower area. They were made from '39 Ford driveshafts, but I'm not positive of the year. they are located where they are to prevent the exhaust getting scraped, they will be added this winter along with rear airbags for tailscraping.

8. Hfab5

Hfab5 New Member

SWEET! Digg'in the style:2_thumbs_up_-_anima