Third Row Seat Question

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by ivanogburn, Jul 14, 2017.

1. ivanogburn

ivanogburn Junior Mint

My 77 Colony Park did not originally come with the third row facing jumper seats, but I understand they were just a drop in. I also understand they are as common as goldfish feet.

My question is has anyone one ever made their own? It seems like it would not be too difficult.

Just wondering....

2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Guess anything is possible but it sure would help to have something to go by and copy, as far as goldfish feet, I'm gonna use that one!!! :rofl2::thumbs2:

3. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

When you get this figured out give me a shout. I'm definitely getting tired of telling people that I don't have third row in my 77 CP.

4. pvan

pvan Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I added them (via transfer from a '67 Ranch Wagon) to my '67 Commuter. There was a fair amount of work to do this including welding in mounting nuts for supports and seat belts and welding in pivot cups for the pins on the upper seats. Also, many of the deck trim pieces are different from a non-3rd row wagon.

I can't say with certainty if it is the same in 1977, but I would be surprised if there wasn't more to it than just the seat assemblies themselves that would be needed.

Best of luck in your search.

5. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Obviously, the easiest way to accomplish this would be to find a wagon being parted out, and get everything you need from the donor car. I'm assuming early 70s (73?) through 78 Colony Parks would be the same. And I'm thinking the same year model Country Squires and Country Sedans would also work.

If you want to pursue making your own, I'd suggest locating a CP wagon (or country squire, etc that will have the same setup), that has the rear jump seats, and take lots of pictures of all the pivots points, hardware, etc, so you'll have an idea of what all you'll need to make it work.

Good luck!