Stripping Clear-Coat off Wheels and Polishing/Waxing for Roadmaster Install.

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by 81X11, Jun 12, 2017.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hello Gang! I nabbed a decent set of Impala SS wheels the other night for my buddy Richard to put on that '92 Roadmaster Sedan he found out in Dallas. They wheels were not beat-up, but as typical for these, the clear-coat was hazed/yellowed and worn/cracking in some places.

Back in 2008(?)-ish I tackled removing the clear-coat my Roadmaster Wagon's wheels, and with waxing now and then and a polish a couple time a year, they have stayed looking nice since then. No paint, no clear-coat, so I decided to tackle the same project with these new ones before giving them to Richard.

It took around four hours on Saturday, but they came out really nice. I stripped, then polished, then waxed them, and added my Roadmaster center-cap decals.

I made a step-by-step photo album on Facebook if you want to see exactly what I did, with LOTS of pics and list of products. Link here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213243235346122.1553678810&type=3

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's off to get tires next. Really looking forward to seeing these installed on his Roadmaster Sedan.

-Mike

2. gpd294

gpd294 Well-Known Member

Those wheels look new again! Great job!

81X11 likes this.
  3. martyk98

martyk98 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm impressed, good work!!

81X11 likes this.