Station wagon dashcam snaps

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Poison_Ivy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    If you've got a dashcam, feel free to upoad your stuff.
    Unfortunately, German law requires me to conceal license plate numbers on vehicles which aren't my own. If only the German secretary of state office can pin the number to the owner, I can't understand the reason they have such laws. Ruins the pic. But, either that or get into trouble.
    A Renault filmed on a road trip through southern Germany:

[​IMG]

I won't post every wagon which drives by or is parked. Otherwise, there'll be too many. I'll try to get them at most scenic locations. It long hasn't rained, at the time the footage was taken. So, they could have been even more scenic.
    The image quality has much to be desired. These toys are mainly meant for documenting evidence. Unlike analog photography, these digital gadgets tend to be sensitive towards sunlight reflection into the lens. Still experimenting with the thing. Gotta figure out how to get it to quit looping, among other irregularities. It's still an over-priced piece of China junk. But, if I can get it to do the job, I'll be satisfied.
    Here're more:

Not sure what this is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    101Volts, ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Great shots! This might be the closest I get to touring the German country side.

101Volts, Poison_Ivy and ModelT1 like this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Us too. My brother was in parts of Germany and even brought home a few things. One he should have left behind or on some desolate island. That's nuther story.
    I love scenery so unless they are real old station wagons or antique cars I'm checking out the buildings and plant life.

101Volts, Grizz and Poison_Ivy like this.
  4. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I've thought about getting a dash cam but more than likely it would only further incriminate me so I opted against it. I don't need any extra evidence piling up on me:shhh:. "Is it true Mr. Caldwell that you have a dashcam that captured the incident?"
    "A what? Dashcam?? What the heck is a dashcam??? That large peice of technology on my dash? That's a garmin gps. Lived here my whole life and still don't know where I am..."

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I've never posted a video on You Tube (or elsewhere), but it's something I might do in the future, once I get a dashcam.

Question: How do you edit the video to mask the license plates with the image area bouncing around all the time?
    (I've got NO editing experience, either....)

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know yet. I've been only editing the pics, so far.
    You can delete self-incriminating clips. Mine is filming from behind. So, the only thing which could incriminate me would be if I intentionally backed up into somebody.

Taken in a village, yesterday:

[​IMG]

Taken yesterday, in Freiburg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.
  7. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I like the village, is that a hairpin turn there? Looks fun

8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    So, I actually figured out all by myself that your dashcam is not really a dashcam. It's a back up cam. I was sort of wondering why we were looking thru a barbed wire fence!

I don't even have a GPS, if you don't count the one my wife bought years ago and remains in the original box.
    I don't need a stinking strange voice telling me where to go!:badwords::mad:
    To make me even less want a GPS, my son drove me most of the way back to where we now live from Florida. I'd made those trips for years and didn't even have a road map and never got off route.
    My son went West almost 100 miles when he was supposed to be still going north. When I saw a large arch in front of us I pretended I was a GPS.:cussing:
    "Off route son. Turn right as soon as you can or we are gonna be in St Louis, Mo." We wanted to head toward Chicago.

Grizz likes this.
  9. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, I hear ya. I don't have a gps I have a cell phone with a map app that I don't use. Whenever traveling I always stop at the rest center when entering a new state and get a map. I like to take the lonesome lost highways that weave in and around today's interstates. They once were the pulse of a great nation and now these lost little roads are passed by for 70mph. Interstates(which serve a valuable cause as well) but they offer only a glance over the small towns,people and sights that are the building blocks of America. Next time your traveling in America folks, don't take the main road. Get a map and travel as much of the gray colored roads as possible. You won't regret it. And while I'm at it, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

ModelT1 likes this.
  10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    That's what tailgaters are to think. Otherwise, I could expect some road rage of which I have a back-up for. To use it as a back-up cam, I'd have to activate some WLAN option and have a laptop within visibility, to view the back-up. There might be some Bluetooth connection possibility. But, I read over that stuff, since I like keeping things as simple as possible. They should, instead, manufacture rear bumpers, like they used to, so that motorists quit claiming insurance settlements on scratches on their fake plastic bumpers they claim were done by others.

That "barbed wire fence" you hallucinate is actually a de-frosting grid, Sir. A barbed wire fence around windows is a clever idea, from you. Now that you've invented a glowing barbed wire fence, you could now get rich and afford the heap of your dreams, through placing a patent on such.

You failed to teach him basic survival skills, as a young boy, Sir. Take him out to the wilderness and stick a stick into the sand. From there, he could determine the shadow to get used as a compass. On a cloudy day, go to a pond, magnetize a needle and place it on a leaf to float. Where the needle will point is north, Sir.

I drove on Route 66, instead of taking the turnpike. Back then, 55 mph on a turnpike was enough for sleeping behind the wheel. Besides, I don't like going places in a hurry. Like you wrote, you miss scenic journeys on a turnpike. Especially, the tumbleweeds of west Texas, all the old homesteads and the red sand landscape, upon entering New Mexico. Besides, rest stops on freeways are sometimes or maybe even often (who knows) diabolical places where women disappear never to be found alive or at all.

11. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Barbed wire around the windows or the whole car might be a good idea with all of the road rage going on.
    We actually did and do take the older two lane highways when not in a hurry. Illinois rt 51 was a nice route for decent travel while still going thru almost lost little towns. Much of it is now 4-lane. It continues at Memphis with another rt number, rt 61. I've also wandered near I-65 to and beyond Birmingham. That may have been in the UK as it looked foreign to me.

Florida rt 9o and 98 are both scenic and less traveled. The old highways are slowly disappearing along with the small rest areas, old schools, and churches where we'd stop for water and a picnic lunch.
    Even the real truck stops have given way to combination fuel stops and fast food diners. My dashcam back then was a 110 film camera. It took longer to get photos back then than your dashcam.

Many two lanes are actually as fast as the modern boring interstates. As a retarded trucker I've driven more 4-lanes than I want to. I'm so old I've even driven most of old Rt 66 in Illinois and pieces of other older 2-lane highways. A state park in Illinois had a section of an old "corderoy" road thru the forest. Imagine traveling that road with solid rubber tyres while drinking a cup of Starbucks coffee!

Even out West I've traveled the narrow two lanes. A route along the Snake River in Wyoming was spectacular. Sharing a big rig with Elk was almost as scary as sharing modern highways with blue haired Canadians. I shoulda got photos of that.

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  12. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Besides, rest stops on freeways are sometimes or maybe even often (who knows) diabolical places where women disappear never to be found alive or at all.

It would be better for us if many of them did disappear. There are some scary women slittering around in rest areas and truck stops. Ancient Alien scientist theorists say Yes.

Grizz likes this.
  13. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Ah, yes. The venerable 'Lot Lizards' my brother told me about.

14. millsy

millsy Well-Known Member

RETARDED TRUCKER LOL, spellcheck?

ModelT1, Poison_Ivy and Grizz like this.
  15. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    A camera in the rear window would serve me well. We live on a street with 30mph speed limit. There is not much of a shoulder and people fly through here. Curves, hills, blind drives and all. They don't care. There are people walking dogs, walking themselves, riding bikes and so on. I pull the kids in the wagon when walkin to the neighborhood pool. The reason people go so fast is because it's a cut through between two main roads, one of which hooks up to I-65. Some days when I'm bored at home I crack open a cold "road soda" and drive up and down my street going a mild 25-27 mph and just watch the line behind me pile up. The camera would serve a good purpose because a lot of the times people are behind me freaking out because I'm going the speed limit. Lots of angry faces and birds flying. I could post the pics on here as a road ragers thread

ModelT1 and Poison_Ivy like this.