SO FLUSTERING

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by 64nelly, Jan 15, 2020.

1. 64nelly

64nelly Member

It's been three years of hard work you can see the light at the end of the tunnel bought my new battery all is hooked emotions high then nothing! That xxx!!!$$%% bulk head fitting on my 64 Belair wagon. The wiring harness was clean no splices so I went with it. There power to the firewall but hit and miss transferring to the fuse block. I messed with it all night cleaning ect but still hit and miss. I believe I am going to use a terminal strip. I can't have the car go dead when I hit a bump.

Doghead likes this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That is frustrating. Sometimes we roll the dice on things like that and it ends up biting us in the hind end.

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

The bulkhead pass-through can be a bad problem if it was left exposed to the elements. Clean both male and female terminals thoroughly, ensure the female terms are 'closed down' enough to make tight contact with the male pins, and ensure the pins are not bent over. Also, it is possible to have broken wires inside and out on a vehicle that old. Verify voltages on the underhood side of it, at the pins, then reassemble and recheck, mainly at the ignition switch, as it controls power to most of the fuses.